Air Bags

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Has anyone installed air bags on there truck? Any suggestions as to which system to go with? I have a 2013 F350 dually considering putting an air ride suspension in for hauling RZR 1000 on sled deck and 30ft trailer. Looking at a full system with on bored compressor and possibly self levelling. I don't want to just instal bags and have to manually fill them and empty them when unloaded. Who has the best price?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the firestone kit and am more then happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very happy with the Firestone bags, on-board compressor and air-rite controller in my 3/4 ton.
Wouldn't be without them anymore with heavier trailers, sled decks, etc. in a 3/4 ton. I'm curious to see how much of a difference they make in your 1 ton.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the fire stones on my F150 as well, very happy with them, the only thing I would change on the next one would be to put the compressor package on it, the manual fill/drain can be a pia. I use a mini bike pump that runs on co2 cartridges, but it would be nice to be able to adjust on the fly

Sent from my iPad

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Firestone and they are working pretty good. i bought them from t Rock is a vendor here and his prices are pretty hard to beat.

drew17

Reaction score
try truck spring.com best prices I've found got airlift ultimate 5000 bags and wireless one compressor for just under 700 bucks

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the firestones, very happy with them. I only got the manual fill but the on board compressor is the way to go. They also make the duallys ride a lot better when there fully loaded

ABOMB177

Reaction score
I bought a set of firestones for my F150 after a buddy reccomended them. Sold the truck and went back to diesel now. They are for sale if anyone is interested

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the firestone bags.Manual fill. Work great with 5 th wheel.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride rites here too. got the controller and gauge with them and rednecked my own $10 walmart compressor bolted to the floor under the console. all in for under 500 bucks, works awesome for keeping the headlights aimed where they should be when loaded.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride rites here too. got the controller and gauge with them and rednecked my own $10 walmart compressor bolted to the floor under the console. all in for under 500 bucks, works awesome for keeping the headlights aimed where they should be when loaded.

Good point. You can set them so the truck rides level.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point. You can set them so the truck rides level.
I think it would be cool to rig a leveling valve to the axle, but that would mean an air tank and a real compressor that would have to live outside bolted to the frame. the switch works ok....the compressor makes the change dance around in the cupholders tho lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it normal for these air bags to loose some air over a couple weeks. i left my truck and trailer attached (1200lbs hitch weight) for a couple weeks and when i came back they were low. and actually every couple weeks im topping them up. manual fill. it seems to not leak much when i detach the trailer.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it normal for these air bags to loose some air over a couple weeks. i left my truck and trailer attached (1200lbs hitch weight) for a couple weeks and when i came back they were low. and actually every couple weeks im topping them up. manual fill. it seems to not leak much when i detach the trailer.
mine don't leak at all....surprising for those little 1/4" push in connections. thought for sure once it got cold out they would leak.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No leaks on mine either.

Top Bottom