Air bags

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of adding air bags to my 2000 Chev 2500 as I haul 2 quads on a deck and a small travel trailer and have just changed from riding a Raptor to a Grizzly so quite a bit heavier. Anyone know where is a good place to buy and have air bags installed? What brand of bags are good?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Install yourself , they're easy. You can buy them pretty well anywhere NAPA or wherever can get the Firestone ride right bags

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can, order with a compressor. It will get very old, fast, doing it manually. Been there, done that. JMO

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Cap-It in the west end, they were a couple hundred bucks, and worth every penny in my opinion. I agree with Zal, mine are manual inflate, and they're kind of a pain. I use a small bicycle pump that uses the small CO2 cartridges so it's not bad, but it would be nice to adjust on the fly. Next truck I'll be putting in the auto inflate in for sure.

Sent from my iPad

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can, order with a compressor. It will get very old, fast, doing it manually. Been there, done that. JMO

x 2 - on board air really nice when you're driving down the road and realize you could have used another 10psi or if you load / unload lots. Firestone airbags install very easy - mounting holes were already there in my '09.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firestone bags and wireless one compressor. Very happy with, easy install too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had AirLift bags with built-in compressor and wireless remote for changing pressure on my 2008 Sierra 2500. Worked great for me! If you go with the compressor, locate it in the engine compartment and not behind the seats as it would be quite noisy...:d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I had AirLift bags with built-in compressor and wireless remote for changing pressure on my 2008 Sierra 2500. Worked great for me! If you go with the compressor, locate it in the engine compartment and not behind the seats as it would be quite noisy...:d

Still works great. But with only haulin sleds so far I have very little use for it

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the firestone bag kit from bumper to bumper, they had the best price up here. also ordered the gauge and compressor control panel, bought a cheap 12v compressor from wal mart and plumbed 'er all together. I mounted the compressor under my console inside the truck...yeah, it's noisy, for three seconds it takes to put more air in the bags. I'm certain it will live a lot longer out of the elements

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey summitric I sent you an E mail let me know how much. Thanks

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ric just did a install on my truck, got a nice set of firestones and the biggest titan tank ever. Had my truck back 8 hours later!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed an air lift compressor with a pressure switch on it, a 3 gal tank, and a set of Firestone bags from air lift. Then I put a slow reaction height control valve in from a tractor trailer and set it so it has about 8lbs in the bags when level. With a relay set to come on with keyed power to turn the compressor on the system maintains between 90 and 120lbs whenever the key is on and maintains level height no matter how much of a load I have on. Best system I have found that works and lasts yet.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom