AGLC Raffle License Application question

Karmaklik

Reaction score
Website
www.rpmpowersports.ca
So we filled out our eligibility for raffle licence form through AGLC for the Whitecourt ATV Club and were sadly declined due to what we put as how we propose tp spend your gaming proceeds... We put "for future land developement, trail building, water crossings for family use for off highway vehicles."

I guess we should have worded this differently. I am wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and how did they resolve it? I was thinking of changing it to say "to assist in purchasing equipment to maintain trails, adding more signage on trails & building better bridges for water crossing along the trails"

Opinions please!!

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your work on private land or public land? If public, do you have an agreement with the government to do the work you would like to on the land?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would think that stressing signage "for safety of trail users", and better bridges for "more eco friendly or more environmentally friendly" would be key to government slackers..... Stressing trail safety, and the environment should be key. I know what you mean, but "they" don't. And stress "with proper permits in place" ;) ... but like Sledderglen suggested, contact Ministikman

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would think that someone in the Whitecourt Snowmobile Club would be able to help you out as well, as the Whitecourt ATV Club you should be playing nice in the same sandbox as the Snowmobile Club to make some multi use trail systems, and to support one another in your endeavors, more volunteers clearing trail means less work for either club.

Ministik Man is a great contact for sure

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you're in, it will be much, much easier - you'll just be able to log into their website, fill out a form, and print off raffle licenses as you need.. If you have a section of trail for which you are official stewards, you will probably have little issue - all you have to do is produce some documentation to that effect. Essentially, they don't want you spending raffle money on unsanctioned trail maintenance or on land that you might end up losing. You might want to also make mention of educating riders to ride safely and responsibly. Making mention of any way you feel you can use the money to give back to the community is also a definite plus.

Top Bottom