Aftermarket Subs

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to install 2 10" Subs behind the back seat of my 07 Dodge. Anybody know where to tie into the factory stereo? Can a guy just splice off the rear door speakers?

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can install subs into the factory system.I have a 10"installed in my Mustang running an amp off of the factory stereo.The only thing I would do is have a Stereo install shop hook it up for you.Then you know it's done properly.I think it only cost me maybe a 100 bucks for someone who know how to install it properly.Mines been running off of the factory stereo for 5 years now and no problems.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to install 2 10" Subs behind the back seat of my 07 Dodge. Anybody know where to tie into the factory stereo? Can a guy just splice off the rear door speakers?

are you running a factory deck still or have you upgraded to an aftermarket one? Most aftermarket ones have AMP Pre-outs on them that you run a pair of RCA Cables to the amplifier, then your sub wires to that. You factory rear speakers will not have enough to drive the subs.

If you need a box I have a carpeted 2 10" box sitting out at the acreage I'll sell cheap.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TylreG you are correct tha the rear speaker will not drive 10" subs, however you can hook an amp up to driver the subs and you do not need a pre amp out put.:beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TylreG you are correct tha the rear speaker will not drive 10" subs, however you can hook an amp up to driver the subs and you do not need a pre amp out put.:beer:

I know that you can, however the Pre-amp out, or if the deck has SUB outs is better.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer TG, but I've already got the subs and amp from my old truck. The reason I ask is because you couldn't just splice into the factory wiring on my old Duramax. I had to get a stereo shop to show me how. I still run the factory head unit. I better get advice from them again because the other day I installed a factory Sirius Radio in my truck and it caused all kinds of problems....check engine light, ABS light,and my speedo quit! Truck had to be totally re-programmed at Dodge. I miss the old days when could do something to your vehicle without needing a laptop and code reader.

Top Bottom