Aftermarket seats

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try Pure Addiction Motor Sports 0on the Southside!
catmando!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Mountain Magic just off the Yellowhead in edmonton. Hood maybe but the seat probally not, but you never know.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheres the cheapest place to buy an aftermarket lightweight hood and seat for a 99 summitt x670

How much do you guys spend on these older sleds
Does'nt a new Boss seat and a Lightweight hood plus the exhaust you mentioned in another thread cost more than the sled is worth?
just wondering

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Specialty sleds in edmonton s a boss seat dealer.. We will be doing our spring order soon.. Then you will be gauranteed your seat for approx. mid sept '08. Right now it is about a 6week wait for a seat from boss, that was stated from boss.. We've sold well over a hundred seats this year... We are the western canadian distributor for boss.. If you contactboss for a seat they will refer you to us..

codey.bukkos

Reaction score
Cheaper than buying a new one
Id rather spend a couple grande on mine and get another 3 or 4 years out of it than go in debt buying another one
I know its reliable and its good enough for me

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which frame is the Summit ZX or S ?? The reason I ask is that I bought a Boss seat fropm West Country Leisure last August for a very good price around the $320.00 with shipping included. I went on their site today and they do have a Boss seat for a ZX frame for $ 394.00, they are not the flat top seats but they are very lite and are a little higher than the stock seat so it is a little easier on your knees. Here is the web site. '+title+'

Billy Boy:cool:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JTs snowmobile repair in Ontario was selling boss seats for the zx chassis for 100 I believe. He also has hoods for sale. check him out. I have had good service from them before.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West country leisure has S and ZX chassi hoods and factory seats (take-offs). I bought a seat from him and it was cheaper than buying the cover from doo.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jarid @ ABSOLUTE POWER in St. Albert could hook you up,might get discount there are a sponser S & M.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
At Mountain Magic we deal with Boss direct from Utah. We will soon be putting our spring booking order together to insure delivery by fall as we do every year. Call the shop at (780) 474 9400 if you have any questions on pricing or booking.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheres the cheapest place to buy an aftermarket lightweight hood and seat for a 99 summitt x670

Search the forum for Kore's seat mod, there are a few people that have modded them and it sure won't cost you the $600 that Boss will. I did mine for about $100, I think that Kore did his for about the same.

I also built my hood for less than $100. How cheap and how light do you want to go? Mine costs less than $100 to build and is pretty light. The scale I have doesn't go that low or I'd be able to tell you, all I know is its under 5 lbs, probably a lot less than that.

Fire me a PM with an email and I'll send some pics your way.

There's no problem with modding these old sleds, just gotta be sensible about it and be economical where you can. Johni_T brings up a good point that dumping a ton of money into an older sled is sometimes not worth it. The biggest problem that you will find is getting performance parts for them now.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly Modman, I was pricing out seats for the Powder Special and I just couldn't justify 600.00 + it would have cost to buy a seat. I went to an apholstery guy and he did it for about 130.00 and a hug. It took him 2 1/2 hours. Perhaps not as light as a Boss seat, maybe not as fancy, but exactly what I wanted within our budget perhaps allowing enough money for a new can.

Top Bottom