Aftermarket bumper from tricityperformance

Not_the_wife

Reaction score
Hey is anyone using that after market bumper from tricity performance? ... Would like to know if its worth the money, friend of mine says its worth it im not so sure.
If anyone has one let me know if it is, dont know what it is here is the link!!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it defently looks like it could hit anything even throw it down a hill and it would still be a live

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea kinda but it does look kinda heavy and bulky just don't get it full of snow i just like the look of it

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did anyone get one of these yet? I'm curious about shipping costs and who they shipped with. I'm still having some trouble forking over $400 US plus shipping for something that I have to cut my sled up for.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did anyone get one of these yet? I'm curious about shipping costs and who they shipped with. I'm still having some trouble forking over $400 US plus shipping for something that I have to cut my sled up for.

Seems stupid to me to have an aftermarket bumper, unless you're a logger ;) or you have too much money to spend

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my stock bumper will not take any kind of lifting or pulling force. My friends usually grab the bumper right away and start pulling, even after I tell them it will break. The dealer at the sled show told us the 08's are the same and the bumper shouldn't be used to get unstuck or even move the sled around. It's just screwed into a bit of plastic on the bulkhead. They could have at least used bolts and reinforced it a little. I might plastic weld a piece in the opening so you can't grab it.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my stock bumper will not take any kind of lifting or pulling force. My friends usually grab the bumper right away and start pulling, even after I tell them it will break. The dealer at the sled show told us the 08's are the same and the bumper shouldn't be used to get unstuck or even move the sled around. It's just screwed into a bit of plastic on the bulkhead. They could have at least used bolts and reinforced it a little. I might plastic weld a piece in the opening so you can't grab it.

WOW, so i guess lifting the fronts ends at the dealers to see how heavy they are is a bad idea! lol

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep. wanna see some great expressions? walk into a polaris dealership, grab a bumper and make like you're going to lift with everything you've got.
see if anyone scrambles over the bikes and quads. :)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep. wanna see some great expressions? walk into a polaris dealership, grab a bumper and make like you're going to lift with everything you've got.

Done that a few times...not knowing...and no one even cared, i even had salesmen walk right past me...and even when lifting, i didnt notice any give in the bumper, seemed normal to me :twocents:

Not_the_wife

Reaction score

Ha ha ha ha ... so true
you would think they would put a little engineered effort into making this problem go away ...oh well

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of other options now.
Skinz Protective Gear is making a bumper for 09's that may be able to be retrofitted to older IQs.

There is also a guy on SW that has developed a bumper that only requires minimal cutting thru the front vent screen. He's guessing mid to high 200's for his bumper. I'll be ordering one when they're available. I just hate the thought of some little 4" diameter tree taking out most of my bumper and plastic.

06 900 Rebuild - SnoWest Forum

Not_the_wife

Reaction score
Thanks.......

There are a couple of other options now.
Skinz Protective Gear is making a bumper for 09's that may be able to be retrofitted to older IQs.

There is also a guy on SW that has developed a bumper that only requires minimal cutting thru the front vent screen. He's guessing mid to high 200's for his bumper. I'll be ordering one when they're available. I just hate the thought of some little 4" diameter tree taking out most of my bumper and plastic.

06 900 Rebuild - SnoWest Forum

Top Bottom