After Market bearings for my 2005 700 KingQUad

gameslayer

Reaction score
Hello
So I am thinking about ordering some new bearings for my Quad as the wheels mostly back but front as well or wiggling have about 7500- 8000 K on the unit. Dealer said $150 a side for OEM (one wheel) and I have been looking at All Balls kits vs Pivot works on line. Anyone have any experience with either and bad or good experiences. At this point I am thinking about ordering them from Rocky mountain for less than half the cost for 2 or both wheels. Any advice if I am on a good track or looking for trouble.

Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would be checking your suspension bushings first they will be worn out and give the impression of wheel bearings, i just replaced both front and rear bushings and shafts, looked like bad wheel bearings, also while in there put in grease fittings as lack of lube is the culprit. get an aftermarket kit, or order from royal distributing in barrie.

gameslayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it Imdoo'n . I was wondering about those bushings as well it is deceiving when you wiggle & move because as you say I can see movement in the bushings as well it is hard to isolate with out tearing out the bearings and looking at them. Good idea about the grease fittings my neighbor told me to do the same for the bearings if I do them as he did that for his after changing 2 sets of bearings on his quad. I read on a link about putting grease fittings in on the bushings as well and was considering doing that over the winter. I am assuming you mean after market kit for the bushings. Here is the link I found

Cheers

Nyroc's ATV info website fittings

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya nyroc has definitly the best info on king quads, follow the links ya should be ok, real easy to do, your bearings are more than likely good. dealers can get an aftermarket kit or royal distributing, or go to us. royal had a good price. you have to change the bushings and shafts, also probably the steering stem bushings as well.

gameslayer

Reaction score
imdoo'n when you say "shafts" are you meaning what the bushing slide over? not familiar with that terminology. Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, they come in a kit, aftermarket. suzuki likes to sell by the piece.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes there are upper and lower bushing kits you may also want to check the tie rod ends. I just finish this job on my 2006 king and got my parts from www.Royal Distributing.com you can shop right on line and were reasonable priced

Top Bottom