AeroCharger Turbo on the XM Interview

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offense, but I enjoy the videos with Dave on the snow more!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you know, you drive a wedge, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm It must be 300hp .................

sorry man, but I would need to see a dyno sheet with BSFC values in the 7's before I would ever believe it makes anywhere close to 300 HP on a day to day basis.

etecturbo

Reaction score
My 2011 etec aerocharger turbo running 9lbs boost is probably no more then a honest 210-220 and hi elevation so i dont think the xm is gonna be anywhere near 300...lol

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's to much of a reliability factor with a factory turbo on a 2 stroke so many people would turn them way up blow there sleds up then go back to the dealer and say I want a new one on warranty cause this one wrecked it self. I don't think ana manufacturer will put a factory turbo on a 2stroke until they can get them super reliable and fool proof at least till the warranty is up

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's to much of a reliability factor with a factory turbo on a 2 stroke so many people would turn them way up blow there sleds up then go back to the dealer and say I want a new one on warranty cause this one wrecked it self. I don't think ana manufacturer will put a factory turbo on a 2stroke until they can get them super reliable and fool proof at least till the warranty is up

Pretty much. Everyone is buying these sleds because of these new 3 and 4 year warrantys. Good friggn luck on a turbo. Not to mention like you said what's stopping them from finding a way to turn up the boost and blow it sky high? They will find a way. Then that cost gets passed on to the consumer. I'd love to be proven wrong but I just don't see it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. Everyone is buying these sleds because of these new 3 and 4 year warrantys. Good friggn luck on a turbo. Not to mention like you said what's stopping them from finding a way to turn up the boost and blow it sky high? They will find a way. Then that cost gets passed on to the consumer. I'd love to be proven wrong but I just don't see it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
I'd love to be proven wrong too.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you put a aftermarket turbo on your sled you have no more warranty anyways, new moto X bikes come with no warranty because they are used for racing. id buy a kickass factory turbo 2stroke race sled with no engine warranty any day.

Top Bottom