Aerocharger turbo intake???

TurboTundraCole

Reaction score
Thinking of doing a cold air my 2012 xp. Got a aerocharger turbo kit on it wonder what every did. Not a huge fan of pulling at the hot air from under the hood and with belt dust. Picture would help a lot too. Thanks

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TurboTundraCole

Reaction score
Yes that problaly would work with some tweaking might be what I'm going to have to do. And yes the turbo is mounted like that.

chad006

Reaction score
For $100 you can build one yourself, I built mine with piping from frozen boost. I'm running diamond s mesh hood with the intake routed just under the hood. Hopefully get some pictures tonight.

TurboTundraCole

Reaction score
For $100 you can build one yourself, I built mine with piping from frozen boost. I'm running diamond s mesh hood with the intake routed just under the hood. Hopefully get some pictures tonight.

Ok that would be awesome if you could post a picture

chad006

Reaction score
I am still waiting on clutch parts before I can get her back together, possibly tomorrow.

chad006

Reaction score
Sorry just seen you were on an xp. but here's my xm with diamond s hood and my intake pulling from just under hood.

Last edited:

chad006

Reaction score
Try and keep your intake as short as possible, shorter it is the more responsive your turbo will be. I wanted my intake to remain under the hood so I had to make my longer than I like.

TurboTundraCole

Reaction score
Try and keep your intake as short as possible, shorter it is the more responsive your turbo will be. I wanted my intake to remain under the hood so I had to make my longer than I like.

What size of Silicon hose is that?

chad006

Reaction score
I'd have to double check but if I remember right, the compressor inlet is 4" the 90* is a 4"to3" with the rest of the piping being 3". There's 3. 3" stainless joiner pieces connecting it.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty simple to put a 4 inch tube straight out to a vent on the right side mounted flush on panel I am surprised areocharger can't think this far ahead with all their engineers on staff??????

chad006

Reaction score
I agree that the intake that comes with the kit leaves allot to be desired. However doing it like you are suggesting would be very inefficient due to the low volume of intake air available especially if vent were to get snow covered. Aero designed both the original and their cold air intake to have a large volume of intake air to pull from, allowing the compressor to work as efficiently as possible never starving compressor for air.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never seen snow stay on a vertical panel before but maybe with suction.....every other system does not pull hot wet dirty air from the engine compartment is my point.....

chad006

Reaction score
The stock brp intake is vertical, in powder I was always cleaning them. I agree that aero's intake sucks but just a pipe to a vent in side panel has a substantialy lower surface area to pull from as opposed to a pre filter. I'm running the diamond s hood with my intake routed up under the hood, so I'm pulling cold charge air while maintaining a large volume of available intake air. Works good for what I do.

Top Bottom