advice on helmet

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to a dealer and find one that fits your head and interfaces well with your goggles.

ebay and kijiji are a horrible places to buy something that has to do with the safety of your melon

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to a dealer and find one that fits your head and interfaces well with your goggles.

ebay and kijiji are a horrible places to buy something that has to do with the safety of your melon
good advice, was looking at them more for styles and wondering what to get. always had fullface

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree. Definitely try it on with your goggle. Make sure there are no gaps, or it will fell like there is someone drilling in to your forehead on the trail. Some venting is nice, as it will help out with fogging issues, however, not many sled helmets are well vented. Klim is, but they are spendy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all. just got my Scott OTG goggles and fan. Now looking for advice on a mx style helmet that isnt gonna break the bank. theres a couple on ebay and kijiji http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300772141496...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 just wondering if anyone has worn these and how they would work as far as fit with goggles.

the best advice you'll ever get bar none is

DON'T BUY A USED HELMET

not worth taking the chance. new at least ya have a resonable hope that it was never dropped.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best advice you'll ever get bar none is

DON'T BUY A USED HELMET

not worth taking the chance. new at least ya have a resonable hope that it was never dropped.
the ebay one is new. from a cat dealer in the states. i just noticed there is a few differant styles of moto/snocross styles. thats what im looking for info on. whats the differances.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is on the right path by suggesting you go try on a helmet with your goggles. That being said, I doubt it will be your last pair of goggles.

If you are anything like me I have various goggles I use.

Someone is going to suggest you buy XYZ brand helmet. Thats great, if it fits properly. Each manufacturer of helmet has a slightly different shell design. They will fit everyones head slightly different even if they base their design on the oval/round or oval/oval design. You can do your own searching on it.

I like my helmets with lots of ventalation. Lets the heat escape. I also prefer a large goggle type that fits snuggly in to the helmets I wear. I have no idea how large the Scott's are. Some people worry about the breath boxes. I don't like them, don't find much use for them. I find they trap more hot air in and cause more fogging.

If you want to buy online to save a few bucks atleast go try it on somewhere so you know it fits properly. And don't size your helmet too big. Most people wear a helmet that is atleast one size too big. MX style helmets should pinch your cheeks and when you move it by the mouth guard back and forth it shouldn't move on your forehead.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is on the right path by suggesting you go try on a helmet with your goggles. That being said, I doubt it will be your last pair of goggles.

If you are anything like me I have various goggles I use.

Someone is going to suggest you buy XYZ brand helmet. Thats great, if it fits properly. Each manufacturer of helmet has a slightly different shell design. They will fit everyones head slightly different even if they base their design on the oval/round or oval/oval design. You can do your own searching on it.

I like my helmets with lots of ventalation. Lets the heat escape. I also prefer a large goggle type that fits snuggly in to the helmets I wear. I have no idea how large the Scott's are. Some people worry about the breath boxes. I don't like them, don't find much use for them. I find they trap more hot air in and cause more fogging.

If you want to buy online to save a few bucks atleast go try it on somewhere so you know it fits properly. And don't size your helmet too big. Most people wear a helmet that is atleast one size too big. MX style helmets should pinch your cheeks and when you move it by the mouth guard back and forth it shouldn't move on your forehead.

good info.

Top Bottom