Adding screens to the hood openings for moisture control.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well done.

I've been wondering for years now when we're gonna be able to buy a sled and not need to modify it......any brand, they're all the same.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug. Good idea. I think I will try that on my xp instead of buying frogskinz

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are minor black marks on the internal clutch face of my 2013 XMX. Moisture in the engine compartment may be the cause and this is a simple fix. Clutch alignment is within spec so here we go…..

2013 XMX Screening Project - YouTube

How come yah didn't get the 5pc screen kit? Nice work btw but just curious.
Did you remove all your foam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How come yah didn't get the 5pc screen kit? Nice work btw but just curious.
Did you remove all your foam?

Did you see the post in the XM thread………Being on a fixed income, I have to find ways to save a little and to occupy my evenings, hahahaha
Also, with the price of Premium at $1.04, the pre-filter kit is just about 4 jerry cans of gas…...

and yes, I removed all the foam. It was the first thing I did.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see the post in the XM thread………Being on a fixed income, I have to find ways to save a little and to occupy my evenings, hahahaha
Also, with the price of Premium at $1.04, the pre-filter kit is just about 4 jerry cans of gas…...

and yes, I removed all the foam. It was the first thing I did.

I did see it after I posted on this thread, I couldn't delete my post on here with my phone.
I've fought with excess moisture greasing the clutches for years, I always removed the foam.
This is the first time I did not remove the foam on my sled and my clutches look almost new. I believe the foam helps absorb excess moisture that gets in the engine compartment, just my findings as well as my brothers.
After a 2 day mtn trip my foam was a little wet but not soaked. The vent screens help alot.
I like your screen for the exhaust vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom