Adding screens to eliminate engine compartment moisture.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were the marks heavy dark areas low in the clutch? If so, that is the result of the lazy stock clutching.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Were the marks heavy dark areas low in the clutch? If so, that is the result of the lazy stock clutching.

Not heavy dark as they came out with just a little rubbing with the 3M pad. This is the first step and quite simple to doo so with a little time on my hands and snow in the engine compartment I thought I'd just give it a try.

BTW, Happy New Year to you and yours Dan.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

I beleive it's just from letting your sled idle. They all have the marks and they are all at the bottom of the sheave and they effect nothing because as soon as you hit the gas the belt is long gone from that location.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I beleive it's just from letting your sled idle. They all have the marks and they are all at the bottom of the sheave and they effect nothing because as soon as you hit the gas the belt is long gone from that location.

Idle, what's that???
Thanks for sharing Doug! Happy New Year!
Same to you and yours.
nice custom job Doug

I'm lazy .. I paid the $115 to my dealer for the brp kit :)

Being on a fixed income, I have to find ways to save a little and to occupy my evenings, hahahaha

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice custom job Doug

I'm lazy .. I paid the $115 to my dealer for the brp kit :)

I paid 50 cents and used duct tape hahah... I knew it was too much snow in there lol.. I will get the kit or doo something a little nicer lol

mine also marks a bit down low but after 280kms of deeep not much belt dust so everything must be working good.... my first ride it was getting wet without any screen

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually get the heavy black mark down low from loading and unloading on my sled deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had black marks up high from the belt slipping. I hit the rev limiter twice. Positive it was from a combination of steam/moisture/snow dust.
Installed the screen kit and now the sheaves look normal and no issues.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You mention 'pet screen' and 'marine goop' in the video. Will any screen and any glue/goop work?

The pet screen is made from fibreglass and not metal like some of the window screen. I also found that the "plastic" window screen doesn't hold up to the trees in the Kootenay's as it is too light. The pet screen is very durable. I have used Marine Goop for a few years as it is tough to find a glue that will stick to the plastic panels. Someone has mentioned a 3M product works so you may want to look for that.

Top Bottom