AC Experts

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here a AC expert? I got a AC bearing that is squelling pretty good now on my truck. Could a guy just take the belt off and do the repair in the summer? Or would this cause damage to the pump as it wont be cycled. Normally i dont run with defrost on my truck at all. And it is a seperate belt for the AC pump

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it squealing continuously or only when the ac cycles on and off, on the chevs the ac belt is separate on the newer ones 2000 up but have seen more ac tensioners squealing and belts than the bearing but yes you can take the belt off will not work as good on defrost

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am NOT an expert BUT, my a/c bearing seized on me this past summer....I changed the belt to a shorter version (97 dodge) and no worries...make sure to unplug the electrical to the pump!

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a 2007 new body 6.0l. It's not a tensioner pulley as that's what I thought it was and replaced that. It does it on start up on cold days for bout a minute then slowly goes away. Belt squeal, might try a new belt then.

Why would you unplug the ac compressor?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a 2007 new body 6.0l. It's not a tensioner pulley as that's what I thought it was and replaced that. It does it on start up on cold days for bout a minute then slowly goes away. Belt squeal, might try a new belt then.

Why would you unplug the ac compressor?
again I have not seen any of the bearings in those pumps fail in the last 10 years lots of belts and tensioners

Top Bottom