ABS canister refill's

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title say's, i need to refilled 2 of my ABS canisters.
I had to deploy my avy bag last season after my self a a friend being caught in an avy in the Purcell range.
Any suggestion on where i can send these out too?
Thx in advance.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title say's, i need to refilled 2 of my ABS canisters.
I had to deploy my avy bag last season after my self a a friend being caught in an avy in the Purcell range.
Any suggestion on where i can send these out too?
Thx in advance.

Im not sure where you are located but I use Martin Equipment in Edmonton.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They need to be exchanged for full ones. The only fill them at the distribution centre. There must be someone in Vernon that has them in stock and if not for sure Kelowna.

Google says, Valhalla Pure in Vernon handles ABS bags.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks i will check with Valhalla in Vernon.
Was going through my paper's on the purchase of the bag and it was Rocky Mountain Extreme Colorado. I don't want to ship the bottle to the states if i don't too.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not ABS but for what its worth Copper Island Diving in SA is filling and repacking my BCA for me, maybe try them if the other one doesn’t work out.

DUS

Reaction score
I believe ABS uses nitrogen canisters while BCA uses compressed air. I don’t believe a dive shop could refill an ABS canister?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please let me know if you get that filled . I've tryed to get my RMX refilled no luck. They out of business.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, ABS has a exchange program, not a refill. The exchange also has a new charge handle in the box.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, ABS has a exchange program, not a refill. The exchange also has a new charge handle in the box.

Does anyone know what snowpulse uses? I need to refill mine soon

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what snowpulse uses? I need to refill mine soon

Breathing air, from a dive shop, or a shop that refills paint ball canisters. Do not use compressed air from a normal air compressor.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Breathing air, from a dive shop, or a shop that refills paint ball canisters. Do not use compressed air from a normal air compressor.

Thanks guys. I'll just got to Alberta cycle en route to the sled show Friday. They have done by BCA canister is the past for $20

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard you can also call up your local fire dept. They do have SCBAs. Or a scuba shop.

Slayer666

Reaction score
ABS uses N2 and a cap charge in the handle. So you have to find a place to exchange the handle and bottle for a refill.
I know last year ABS was changing things around in canada and it was extremely difficult to find a replacement. Sounds like they have a new north american headquarters so hopefully it will be easier this year.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABS uses N2 and a cap charge in the handle. So you have to find a place to exchange the handle and bottle for a refill.
I know last year ABS was changing things around in canada and it was extremely difficult to find a replacement. Sounds like they have a new north american headquarters so hopefully it will be easier this year.

Your correct ABS from what i have now been told has moved their head office and is based out of Montreal, no longer out of Whistler.
The dealer told me it has become a bit of a issue and logistical nightmare for ABS owners, with some having up to 2months wait last year to have their bottles exchanged. Unless the dealer has an already stock up of exchange at hand, some dealers are not willing to carry extra's for stock, an ABS owner might be for a wait to get his exchange.
Either way Valhalla in Vernon has 10 in their stock at the Abbotsford location. They will bring 2 up to Vernon for me for $68.
I'm thinking this will be ok but next time BCA might be in my future.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden like provides an exchange as well since they carry extra ABS. They are always at the sled shows and I have always had good service from them

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
ABS does have a new distributer in Canada, it should not be that hard to find canisters if you contact the web page and find a dealer. As with any canister air bag, it is always good to have a back up canister so that if you are on the road, on a big trip , if one is blown off then you can just throw in the spare and keep using your bag. Shops refilling bca or snow pulse can also get very busy now there are so many bags out there, so it can be hard to just roll into a shop and have them fill it immediately, especially if they are dealing with customers buying sleds etc.

If anyone needs a canister for ABS I have some here and can easily ship them, if you are stuck, but checking dealers close to you is best, it should get better with the new distributers....just pm me if you do need one

Top Bottom