ABS BackPacks

Maverick

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an ABS pack this year and hope I can get some good advise on make models that riders are wearing. Any particular brand that is better than another? Average price seems to be around $950.00 but worth the money.

Any help would be appreciated ....

Brad

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a abs backpack from the edmonton show this past weekend. I bought the 30L pack. There are different sizes but can't forget some of the other important things that you might need back there like other survival gear so i went with the big one.$1163 including tax, big price but if it might mean the difference between making it back home or not price is no issue.

Maverick

Reaction score
What make did you purchase? Did you get a chance to inflate a demo model?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought the Snowpulse Highmark 30 and another friend bought the snowpulse pro-rider. I'm waiting to see what the final production model of the BCA avy pack looks like. The one at the show was one very few pre-production models and the rep said they have made lots of changes since.
I don't want a nitrogen abs (refilling cost and availability) and I'm not sure about the visibility with the snowpulse. The reps have to be salesmen but the BCA guy made a good point. When you think an avy might break on you, pull the cord and then do what you can, don't wait until you're in it.
With the BCA you still have good visual (peripheral) to try and get out.
That's what I got from the show.

I almost bought a snowpulse last year. Glad I didn't since they made some important changes for this year. I may still end up buying a snowpulse depending on what the BCA is like (features & fit).

flatlandguy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pack too. Where are the BCA packs available from? and what changes have been made to the Snowpulse? anything to improve visability after inflation?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an ABS pack this year and hope I can get some good advise on make models that riders are wearing. Any particular brand that is better than another? Average price seems to be around $950.00 but worth the money.

Any help would be appreciated ....

Brad

I bought a ABS Vario last year, with this pack you can get different L bag sizes that zipper on to the airbag unit, I'm really happy with this pack and would suggest anyone to get it.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pack too. Where are the BCA packs available from? and what changes have been made to the Snowpulse? anything to improve visability after inflation?

There were 5 changes made to the pack. One of the big ones was to get rid of the plastic clips for the waist belt and replaced them with an aluminum system. Hopefully they have a replacement for previous models.

Another feature of the BCA is the pull cord is located on the left so you can stay on the throttle and deploy the bag. Someone mentioned attaching a rope to the pull cord on the ABS bag and tying it across your chest to achieve this. I am one of those people that would forget to remove the rope and probably deploy it at the cabin.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a BCA at the show.. $650

Who did you pre-order from...the sales reps there said they weren't taking orders but Cycle works and Argyl Motorsports were. When I went to there booths I was told to go to there stores to order and when I went to both stores I was told they were not taking orders as they went through this last yr with BCA and the bags never did show up so now IF and WHEN they come in they would be sold on a first come first serve basis.Maybe I'm just getting the run around but if you have info on who you ordered with can you please post.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another feature of the BCA is the pull cord is located on the left so you can stay on the throttle and deploy the bag. Someone mentioned attaching a rope to the pull cord on the ABS bag and tying it across your chest to achieve this. I am one of those people that would forget to remove the rope and probably deploy it at the cabin.

I'm pretty sure you can move the ABS handle to what ever side you want.

HANES347

Reaction score
i pre orderd mine from mountain magic and they told me should have it by mid november:beer:

mawson21

Reaction score
I purchased my vario a couple of years ago from Rocky Mountain Extreme, they seemed fairly reasonable and shipped it out right away. They sent an extra cylinder and handle to test the pack at home, once you sent it back to them, you got your deposit back. I would buy again from them anytime.:beer:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am selling a two year old freeride pack made by ABS for 750.00. It has not rips or tears and has been used 10 times with no deployment. It is classified as a 4 litre backpack. PM ME for more details.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am selling a two year old freeride pack made by ABS for 750.00. It has not rips or tears and has been used 10 times with no deployment. It is classified as a 4 litre backpack. PM ME for more details.

If you are buying a survival pack why not get one thats been out for a while. Abs is tested and used for 20 yrs in skiing. the snowpulse was only working 60% of the time. this year has changes buyt for the money why pay for one thats not the best, The abs is the one to go with

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the first I’ve heard about this. Could you elaborate on what is happening. Thanks.

the word is the valves and joints in the lines werent hard enough to pump the bags up if any weight or compression were on them. Not enough pressure to pump them up cause the air would leak out in the storage areas.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I BELIEVE GLEN @ SPINDRIFT MOTORSPORTS IN MCBRIDE, BC, IS ORDERING THEM.... HE IS A SITE SPONSOR, AND I AM GETTING 2 THROUGH HIM....... JUST MY 2 CENTS...... I THINK HE WAS CHEAPER THAN YOUR $650 AS WELL....:d

Top Bottom