above 6000'

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow above 6000' is awesome! It stayed cold enough that there was no rain!

Avi situation getting there is not for the inexperienced back-country rider. Things will tighten up in the next day or two but the trees are generally friendly.

Rode the sled on Thurs., Sat., Sun., and today...it was sweeeet!

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 391

JackSplat

Reaction score
Leaving in about an hour to ride Corbin area for 3 days. Was wondering how the warm and rain affected the snow. Looks good. I'm pumped...thanks for posting. :beer:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving in about an hour to ride Corbin area for 3 days. Was wondering how the warm and rain affected the snow. Looks good. I'm pumped...thanks for posting. :beer:

The same as Fernie said...rode Coal Creek to the pipeline, then to Wranglers and back to rolling hills area but not into. Rained to about 5000-5500 ft for periods through out Sunday.

Above 6000' lots of fresh. Anything below is wet. Saw lots of sluffing on the steeper slopes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Snow above 6000' was like heavy mashed potatoes.

It sure wasn't in Elkford! From about 5500' it started getting better and at 6000' and higher it was pretty sweeeet! At 7000' it was mega sweeeet:beer::beer:

No rain above the 5500' level! Sorry, I'm not into the metric for these elevations.

Manatee

Reaction score
Keep it away from Metric.
The sled talks to me in Feet, so you might as well also.
Glad to hear the snow is nice up there... Hope it stays that way. Can't wait for the trip. Only a few weeks away now... gonna have an itchy thumb till then.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Keep it away from Metric.
The sled talks to me in Feet, so you might as well also.
Glad to hear the snow is nice up there... Hope it stays that way. Can't wait for the trip. Only a few weeks away now... gonna have an itchy thumb till then.

New snow last night! Looking great man....

Top Bottom