A Widow's Journey .. life after an avalanche

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a blog my friend Meg is writing after losing her fiance Nick in an avalanche earlier this year. It is brutally honest and really profiles the devastation trying to do life after an avalanche.

Meg is reaching out to the snowmobile community and truly making a difference. Please take the time to read her blog. She is a remarkable woman.

https://newnormal.me/2016/03/04/the-first-day/

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a blog my friend Meg is writing after losing her fiance Nick in an avalanche earlier this year. It is brutally honest and really profiles the devastation trying to do life after an avalanche.

Meg is reaching out to the snowmobile community and truly making a difference. Please take the time to read her blog. She is a remarkable woman.

https://newnormal.me/2016/03/04/the-first-day/

Wow. What a touching read. Have a friend going through much of the same. So much similarities. Thank you for posting this

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, is this just a start of it??

Cause it kind of just stops

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. She is very brave putting this out there like that and is taking one huge step towards recovery. 11 years ago i lost a fiance to a car accident and went through many of the same things she is describing just in different ways, writing a blog like this would have been an amazing way to get it all out and also help others for the future.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. She is very brave putting this out there like that and is taking one huge step towards recovery. 11 years ago i lost a fiance to a car accident and went through many of the same things she is describing just in different ways, writing a blog like this would have been an amazing way to get it all out and also help others for the future.

If you keep reading the blogs you will see how dedicated she is to reaching out to snowmobilers. She is a pretty amazing woman. Strong like no one I've ever met before. Meg is a Calgary Police officer, and knows that some of the training, preparation and practice they do as police officers can be adapted into Avalanche skills training. She's connected to many snowmobilers including Jeremy Hanke and Craig Moore from Icerock who has graciously offered her AST 1 through Jeremy. She will not be silenced or stopped, as many individuals closely connected to the incident would like. I love her like a sister.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This woman is amazing. Kudos to her. As tough as I am I had a hard time reading it. Great read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom