A Video to Learn From

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live to tell - YouTube

This dude is LUCKY....there are lessons to be learned from watching this. It's not just big slopes that slide. In fact this is the type of slope (30-35 degrees) that are more prone to slide. Also, a prime example of why you DON'T cut above someone on a slope. EVER. Glad the peeps he was riding with kept an eye on him and dug him out quickly. Play safe out there & take an avy course.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
A good, solid and cheap lesson there. Could have been a terribly expensive lesson to say the least...

A rule that someone taught me around 25 years ago: never ever have 2 riders on the same slope at the same time - a rule I see violated constantly. Need way more avy training out there.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was ridiculous that's the only thing about sledding that scares the ch!t out of me good thing he's ok

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hope that after taking an avy course that everyone would retain what they learned...but you're right Curtis, just taking a course doesn't save lives....using the information you learned will. I noticed none of the riders are wearing packs and they are yelling shovels. They wouldn't be yelling shovels if they were wearing their packs...they would each have one on them. I stress to EVERYONE...you must wear your pack with a shovel and probe in it and have an operating tranceiever on your body under your outerwear. I WILL NOT ride with you if you don't. Please ride smart, be safe and still have fun!

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice post, it looked like he dove on the ground like he was ducking a wave surfing? Seems like a weird reaction to me. After watching it again I bet he wouldn't have even been buried if he hadn't fell on the ground!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's crazy to see such a small slide cover a person so quick...

when I did my course they had dug a fair sized pit and asked if anyone wanted to get burried when they let it slide, so I volunteered.. There was maybe 2' of snow on me where my backpack straps were still visible, but I couldn't move my arm and could barely breathe

extremely eye opening, as in my eyes were WIDE FF'N OPEN !!!

I did my course last year and am volunteering this year. I think a refresher is necessary at least every 2 years

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats insane/scary. i think im going to mount an airhorn on my sled in case im ever in the position of the camera man in this video this way they could of known what was happening to them.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
This video made the ctv news already. As sledders we can learn from these type of videos, but you know the media will jump all over it. Just remember that when posting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom