A "New" Kind of Sledding Video...

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Pro's: Lot's of variety, flatlander freeride, oval, ice drags, grass drags, mountain freeride, hillclimb, watercross, vintage (okay... it's all vintage!)
Con's: Stupid sound effects

Still fun to watch and piece of history. Even has some not bad cinematography too. Get out your popcorn! She's a long one!!!

Private link:

Snowmotion: The Art of Sledding - YouTube

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This was my first sledding video. Have in on a vcr tape. Oldie but a goodie. More of a promotion to snowmobile video.
Neon colors and bolt on paddles

Thanks for the memories

Last edited:

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
This was my first sledding video. Have in on a vcr tape. Oldie but a goodie. More of a promotion to snowmobile video.
Neon colors and bolt on paddles

Thanks for the memories

My first one too. Got it while working out at Buck Lake Bob's part time, I was still in high school. Good times! Finally got around to the digital conversion. Finished Snowmotion II and Snowmotion IV last night. I don't have III for some reason...

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Just awesome!!! They should call it Old Schooled LOL. Where can I get a copy?

Best link I could find:

The link to the snowmotion series appears broken. But there is a contact area. I was looking for a DVD last year but couldn't find any. Just finally got around to digitizing my copies. I don't want to put them up for all the general public to see on Youtube due to copyright though.

justpinit

Reaction score
Also my first sled vid! I remember when it came out me and a buddy drove up to Vernon to get a copy because the sled dealers in Kelowna were sold out! Ha!

We got home and spent half the night rewinding the tape so we could watch the Revy segment over and over! We were phoning all of our friends to come and watch the huge jumps some guys were hittin' on a Wildcat & Formula Plus........with PADDLES!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1:03.22 starts the first professionally shot mountain freeriding segment that I know of. This was my favorite part of the whole film!

Funny, but watching the riding style looks so un-natural now. Hard to believe what we used to do on the old sleds, not to mention the work we did to make them function. Hurts my back just watching them jump while sitting.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha too funny "new" video. I have a part in Snowmotion IV Extreme Sledding, riding up Brandywine in the Whistler area. Brings back some good memories. Been 16yrs since! No wonder I'm so washed up. lol

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Wow those copyright police work fast. It's been up less than a day and already I have been served notice that the video may contain music licensed by a 3rd party. No panic yet though, according to the notice. I will keep this private link up on this website only for now.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flash back to when rider skill instead of a cheque book got you to the top of the hill!!LOL!!!

tothebar

Reaction score
Also my first sled vid! I remember when it came out me and a buddy drove up to Vernon to get a copy because the sled dealers in Kelowna were sold out! Ha!

We got home and spent half the night rewinding the tape so we could watch the Revy segment over and over! We were phoning all of our friends to come and watch the huge jumps some guys were hittin' on a Wildcat & Formula Plus........with PADDLES!

Also my first sled vid! I still have it on VHS and still one of my favs!!
p.s. the dude on the formula plus is walde peitrowski, a hella chill guy and he still knows how to shred!!!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy cow that is freakin awesome! Had no idea they made sledding videos back then. Pretty funny to see how far things have come. I wonder if we'll be laughing at our current bad ass sledding videos 20 years from now? "Look at that guys sled......it has two skis and a track!"................"why does that little red headed guy keep excessively peddling with one foot?" haha

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy cow that is freakin awesome! Had no idea they made sledding videos back then. Pretty funny to see how far things have come. I wonder if we'll be laughing at our current bad ass sledding videos 20 years from now? "Look at that guys sled......it has two skis and a track!"................"why does that little red headed guy keep excessively peddling with one foot?" haha

haa ha ha ha haaaa!

Top Bottom