A message to all Snow & Mudders. Be safe out there. my season was just cut short.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: A message to all Snow & Mudders. Be safe out there. my season was just cut short.

Since we are talking about safety what can a guy wear to project the upper body that works with a back pack. I always wear a chest protector quading. I tried a klim tec vest with my Avy pack but couldn't do it. So uncomfortable. Is there a better option that works well with a Avy pack ?

I wore a Tekvest under my snowpulse pack for years. Took a couple rides to get used to it but no problem after that. Beats the heck out of broken ribs. I've switched to the Snowpulse vest now with the padding in the front...just because I hate wearing a pack to begin with. Much more comfortable. Chest protection doesn't compare to a Tekvest though, but it's still better than nothing.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: A message to all Snow & Mudders. Be safe out there. my season was just cut short.

Around Pemberton they do the same thing, mark the culverts with rebar. I use to pull them out an through them in the ditch , I phoned forestry about it too. now I pull them out and take them home with me. Always find a use for some rebar!

I may or may not know of someone who built a very attractive railing out of it around my sons wood stove. Only took a half day drive in the bush for me to collect it all too! :rolleyes:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Just keep your helmet on until the ride has come to a complete stop.
I wore a Tekvest under my snowpulse pack for years. Took a couple rides to get used to it but no problem after that. Beats the heck out of broken ribs. I've switched to the Snowpulse vest now with the padding in the front...just because I hate wearing a pack to begin with. Much more comfortable. Chest protection doesn't compare to a Tekvest though, but it's still better than nothing.

Top Bottom