A little laugh at the expense of the skiers\snowboarders - Cause they deserve it

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to leave this thread alone after this post. I know that they are just jokes and yes they struck a nerve with me because there is steady bashing of skiers and boarders on here. I have been a 70-100 day/year snowboarder for 25 years now and have been doing the same thing sledding for the last 15, and yes I am one of those guys that has a board attached to my sled, and yes I ride my sled better than, and more often than most of you ever will. What gets me is, I read complaints about hotel rooms,restaurants,bars,etc being full in places like Revy because of skiers/boarders and how they don't spend any money like sledders, which is far from true, because the majority of ski families have $$$$$$$. It would be real easy to start the douchey snowmobiler joke thread ( I wonder what kind of response that would get?), but I don't need to go there. The real joke is on you guys as you wake up in "Anytown Alberta" with the exception of Bigfish who lives in Kitimat, Rad place to sled and board by the way, and I wake up in my beautiful mountain paradise with world class sledding five minutes from door and three days a week to ride my sled and board, now I ask you, who gets the last laugh? Only a few weeks now until I am riding, happy sledding and boarding folks.

So your saying this is a BC / Alberta thing then?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really is narrow minded to bash just the skiers and boarders. I prefer to collect them all together under the category of "triple R's" based on their behaviour on the roads.

RRR = Roof Rack Retard ;)

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to leave this thread alone after this post. I know that they are just jokes and yes they struck a nerve with me because there is steady bashing of skiers and boarders on here. I have been a 70-100 day/year snowboarder for 25 years now and have been doing the same thing sledding for the last 15, and yes I am one of those guys that has a board attached to my sled, and yes I ride my sled better than, and more often than most of you ever will. What gets me is, I read complaints about hotel rooms,restaurants,bars,etc being full in places like Revy because of skiers/boarders and how they don't spend any money like sledders, which is far from true, because the majority of ski families have $$$$$$$. It would be real easy to start the douchey snowmobiler joke thread ( I wonder what kind of response that would get?), but I don't need to go there. The real joke is on you guys as you wake up in "Anytown Alberta" with the exception of Bigfish who lives in Kitimat, Rad place to sled and board by the way, and I wake up in my beautiful mountain paradise with world class sledding five minutes from door and three days a week to ride my sled and board, now I ask you, who gets the last laugh? Only a few weeks now until I am riding, happy sledding and boarding folks.
Make all the jokes you want to our faces, it would be preferred to the behind-the-back tactics currently employed of using government to shut down riding areas rather than having meaningful discussion with the snowmobile federations and clubs.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up skiing and snowboarding, I hold my level 2 CSIA for skiing, and am a bit better than average snowboarder. I used to be out 100 days plus a year, and have lived and worked at a several different mountains. At some point I grew up, got a real job and moved. So do to my current local and other priorities in life I don't get out nearly as much as I would like, for either skiing/snowboarding or sledding.

Anyone that has gone snowmobiling with me knows I am a below average sledder, which for all common sense would give me ski / snowboard bias which brings me to the point of this post:

-Those jokes are funny. Especially the "nice turn, nice turn". If you are so ignorant that you can't find the humor in them, the internet is not the place for you.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy chit - I can't believe the immaturity here. BTW. Level 4 CSIA Instructor. Level 2 coach. Since I just turned 48, been skiing for 45 years. And since I was the original poster, I guess I can laugh at myself.........

Maybe you should try the same. :)

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your a douche

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You sound like Willy. Sorry dude I think you are a nice guy and all but that post contains hypocrisy that I just can't stand. You don't want people to bag on the skiers in a joke thread but you have no problem throwing out a condescending remark towards "Albertans". Practice what you preach and treat everyone equal. I'm from the Kootenays so that's what pisses me off about your post, as I know other locals have that same opinion and it just needs to die. I still ride at home LOTS with my Dad in the winter, as many other guys out here do, tons of us still have family and properties out there, I spend the majority of long weekends and pretty much all my holidays there. You'd probably be surprised at how many miles some of us log on the hill and how good we are, its funny that I have to go first all the time when riding with my local buddies back home and set the track for them, and yes they are good riders. I spent my life growing up sledding the same hills, literally, as Dan Davidoff etc. Too bad we don't live there? Yes for sure and would if I could in a heartbeat. But its only a few miles away in the truck, and pavement doesn't scare me. I make more $$ out here than I ever could in BC and makes it much easier to support my family and set myself up for early retirement and maintain a great quality of life. Pretty funny to see that others still look down on people for things like that when a huge amount of people from BC (and lost of other provinces) are working in Alberta for those exact reasons. I'm fortunate that my job keeps me outside most days a week, in the foothills of the rockies, I spend more time outside than probably the majority of people in BC and I get paid for it. So take as many "last laughs" as you want, without "anywhere Alberta" and the folks you are belittling with your comments, you probably wouldn't have bread to eat or fuel to run your sled, so please think about that when we are dividing the user group based on a line on the map.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost all of these jokes are just racist jokes with the word snowboarder thrown in instead of some minority.

id give this thread a 2/10

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jokes???? have a read of the link below and then see if this type of joke is "good" or not. why is it cool to put down another user group? what makes you so "cool" that you can make "jokes" about what I and others like to do?
Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read the whole article... not all bullying is bad. There has been research that some positive behaviors result from bullying. These 'bullies' are helping you to be a better person... You should say "Thanks!" and laugh it off.

Top Bottom