A few more Rocky old rail-line pic's.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last pic is 1 of the old caboose along the railline (it does not look like a caboose anymore) & people have pretty much wrecked it. Things are broken and falling apart and loads of garbage laying everywhere (inside and out). It would be nice to get a large group together with some supplies to clean and repair it someday. In some of the pic's you may notice spots that seem VERY difficult to cross, but most of these have been fixed to make it easier.

Attachments

• IMGP1037.jpg
    IMGP1037.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP1039.jpg
    IMGP1039.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGP1063.jpg
    IMGP1063.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGP1066.jpg
    IMGP1066.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Saunders 2.jpg
    Saunders 2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Quading near Nordegg 001.jpg
    Quading near Nordegg 001.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP1096.jpg
    IMGP1096.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 75

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
.So it appears that you can only go so far ,,like you can't cross those pics of the steel tressles.The pics look real nice there is a pretty steep hill in there. I heard there is a old flat car in that area as well.When was the line abandoned?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.So it appears that you can only go so far ,,like you can't cross those pics of the steel tressles.The pics look real nice there is a pretty steep hill in there. I heard there is a old flat car in that area as well.When was the line abandoned?

No you can go all the way, there are just spots that you have to go around (like the 1 steel trestle ) and some private lands etc. Some hills are pretty steep, but if you go slow and carefull it's ok, (it zig zags up the side so you don't go straight up). Yes there is another car along the way, but it's in a part of the line that i don't use because of too many washouts etc. but you can get there if you know how. I can't remember when it was abandonded, i think in the '70's.

Top Bottom