99 Summit x spark issue

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
99 Summit x spark issue (Parting out full sled)

I am not getting any spark. I have traced the entire electrical system on my 670 summit x, no bare wires or broken leads. I have power to the bottom of the coil but nothing out the top. I have tried 3 differant coils but have had no luck is there any one out there that can help me out? any info may help:confused::confused::confused:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i am not getting any spark. I have traced the entire electrical system on my 670 summit x, no bare wires or broken leads. I have power to the bottom of the coil but nothing out the top. I have tried 3 differant coils but have had no luck is there any one out there that can help me out? Any info may help:confused::confused::confused:

did you check the other wire to see if the ground wire is grounded too? Otherwise, could be magneto, cdi, mpem... Etc.... Pm me, if you need a flowchart diagnostics....

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you check the other wire to see if the ground wire is grounded too? Otherwise, could be magneto, cdi, mpem... Etc.... Pm me, if you need a flowchart diagnostics....

I have a 1998 Summit X. Been through a stator or two I think. I can send you some info on testing the stator if you would like. Let me know and I can pdf it and post it here.

SledBoy06996

Reaction score

I am not sure if its grounding or not cuz yesterday when I pulled the wires off the bottom something was holdind a charge. I became the ground it droped me to my knees. A flow chart would be great if you can do that for me.

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Summit X. Been through a stator or two I think. I can send you some info on testing the stator if you would like. Let me know and I can pdf it and post it here.

Thanks man I think the stator is putting out when I pull it over the Light works But I will test it anyway never hurts to rule it out totally. So that info you have to share would be great.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there are seperate coils on the stator for ignition and lights. I'll get you the document ASAP. Let us know what you find out.

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
How did you make out? I am curious...

Still nothing. Its a little frustrating. I am just going to take it to my buddy @ Mountain Magic I cant seem to win with it once its fixed its going up for sale.

Last edited:

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
How did you make out? I am curious...
We have tested the entire electrical system looks like its the stator it sometimes works sometimes doesnt, so were guna try a new one and see what happens. If thats not it then I have to try a new dss system.

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
Well the its the DSS "the brain", the computer what ever you want to call it. So I have decided to part the machine out its a 99 summit, 670 rotax, twin pipes, s body, 136" track, bulk head would make excelent mountian mod or custom build.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SledBoy- What kind of pipes do you have? And what do you want for them?

TheCape

Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing some pricing on your pipes and the 'plastic tub' that rivet's to the bulkhead... not sure what that's called

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing some pricing on your pipes and the 'plastic tub' that rivet's to the bulkhead... not sure what that's called
I think The Cape is asking for a belly pan!

SparkyX670

Reaction score
Well the its the DSS "the brain", the computer what ever you want to call it. So I have decided to part the machine out its a 99 summit, 670 rotax, twin pipes, s body, 136" track, bulk head would make excelent mountian mod or custom build.

Did you get a price for replacing the Dess and the Stator, reason I'm asking is I have a 98 670 Summit X and I am having a similar problem.I had the sled running yesterday and it keeps cutting out at about 3500 rpm.It idles fine and starts good.I let it run for about 10-15 minutes but it still worked the same.Last time I was in Revy it did this on the 3 day at first, then worked good all day.It has died on me twice while driving, but restarted OK.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get a price for replacing the Dess and the Stator, reason I'm asking is I have a 98 670 Summit X and I am having a similar problem.I had the sled running yesterday and it keeps cutting out at about 3500 rpm.It idles fine and starts good.I let it run for about 10-15 minutes but it still worked the same.Last time I was in Revy it did this on the 3 day at first, then worked good all day.It has died on me twice while driving, but restarted OK.

Hey Sparky,
Sounds like a problem with the DESS key. I have similar problems with my 98 X when condensation gets in the key. I've tried getting a new key programmed from a dealer but it still happens from time to time... especially in deep powder. The only fix I have found is to clean the contact areas on both the nub and key with a rag.

SledBoy06996

Reaction score
I am sorry to all I have not gotten back to I have been busy with work and making trips to the mountains with my new machine :Snowmobile: :Snowmobile1: :d. I will be stripping my summit x down and cleaning it up I will have a detailed parts list and pricing hopfully by June, sorry again to all those who needed parts. I also will have some parts for a 08 M8 for sale. I will also be posting a add on kijiji.

Top Bottom