99 summit 600 electrical gremlin

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I have a 99 600 summit that ran flawlessly last year, mid summer I took it out and gave it a good pressure washing, now I have issues. it starts and runs fine when it runs, but will suddenly just die. I took the carbs off and cleaned them, nothing found there, when it is running I can see the fuel running into the carbs through the hoses, so it isn't a fuel issue. it will die when idling or riding it, it acts just like you hit the kill switch. I pulled every electrical connector I could find apart and blew them out with air and added grease. are there any fuses or relays on these sleds? it is not electric start. I should also add, that as soon as it dies it will restart with the first pull of the rope. I pulled the recoil off, popped the flywheel off and all is clean in the stator area. I am at a loss, all I can think is that is the coil or the mpem. thoughts....suggestions???

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem fixed, not sure what it was!! put the sled in the shop for the day, took apart every electrical connector I could find and warmed every one with a hairdryer then blew them out and regreased. put on new spark plug boots, with new plugs as well. put the mpem on the register in the house for the day to "dry" it, before reinstalling it. sled runs fine now. lesson learned, ....be careful when washing under the hood of the sled. and don't put it back in the enclosed trailer when done washing.

Top Bottom