'99 arctic cat 500 4x4

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the new machines sure look nice, but you and i both know we will get there, just may take a minute or two, hehe. tough decision, but even to sell the quad ya got to fix it so it will run, may as well just fix it and ride it for a while.

But then again with everyone playin in the mud....someone's always waiting!! hahahaha

And I'm not selling the old 500, just signing it over to the parents as it has the plow bracket on it and came with a plow, they live on an acreage.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After thinkin about this a whole lot and pickin some people's brains, I have decided to make this old beast a winter project. Get everything fixed properly (98% just front end issues,1% thinkin rad relocate, 1% would like a tad bit more power...lol), and make sure it's good to go for a few more seasons.

Then maybe there will be some used G2 can am 1000's on the market for a fair price....LOL

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent!! Let me know what you need I might be able to help.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Terry @ TT in bonnyville, No wonder he has such a good rep. man this is the place to deal with!! With the prices I was given, I'd be a complete idiot (ok the jury is still out on that one....lol) NOT to just fix this beast up! Resurrection arctic cat to start in a few months....stay tuned!!

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to ride with you. (I'm also looking at some off-season work, for the Brute)

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool man, next summer can't get here fast enough....lol! My summer riding was cut short by the old man breaking down and then I was trying to decide on new machine or not...but it's too late in the season for me to rip into it now, too busy!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you don't wait too long to get at 'er. ...we both have lots of riding to make up for next year.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you don't wait too long to get at 'er. ...we both have lots of riding to make up for next year.

Gotta be done mid-winter, maybe a few winter trips next year to make sure everything is good to go...But I wanna make sure I am good to go by the beginning of May :)

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<----- **see avatar**
Yes I got the old beast fixed up....brand new tie rod ends, the other 2 ball joints, axle, front bearings and seals, will be modding the front springs with a spacer as it sags pretty bad, and still lookin into a second rad set-up. (Have a second rad, just not sure if I really will need it) Gonna work on a few minor things like wiring my rad fan better, and hopefully it will give me a few more years of worry free riding...:cool:

Power upgrade is not happenin....LOL WTF was I thinkin on that....hahahaha

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool, glad it rose from the muddy depths to take on the world again. usually better to put your money into tires than power mods,

i picked up a mudpro and now looking for parts. may be a long summer

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, rolled the dice and took a chance, guy had mudpro with bad motor, took it apart and found it pretty much toast. lookin for parts to fix or put a new motor in it. will see what i can find, or may just part it out.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the jug is shot? 700 MP? Probably worth more parted out I would think....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah thinking the same, cyl and head, possible crank,

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good luck with that project...I assume ya still have the king?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah still have the king Q, and the green kitty is a project alright.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But really shouldn't cost too much to rebuild motor, maybe a bbk at the same time, while it's apart do a wet clutch delete....depends how much ya got it for though! Maybe worth it!;)

Top Bottom