'99 arctic cat 500 4x4

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After some research today I have found a couple aftermarket companys that have parts for the old beast. ALL BALLS, Rhino axles....feedback? Ball joints and tierod & ends, and front wheel bearings with seals. Half the cost of OE.

Wondering if All Balls & Rhino Axles products are good enough, just has to last me another 12-18 months, enough time so I can save up to buy a new machine!

Rather not sit out the next year or so.....LOL

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only heard good things about both of those companies. I've heard All Balls is the only way to go for tierods/ends, and I've heard Rhino axels are "as good as Gorilla, for half the price".

Only second (maybe third) hand info, but what I've heard is enough that I'd buy em. Hope that helps.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the allballs product is good stuff I would recommend it, and will be using it when I do my wheel bearings on my 07 650 this fall.

I cannot speak for the rhino axles though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well think it depends on the quad...

My brute the tierods from allballs were worse than stockers. Even had all balls warranty a set for both sides. The threaded shaft kept stretching and snapping off.

Had piviot works wheel bearings. No good

Have all balls bearings in right now. We will see.

Have one rhino axle in. So far so good.

My axles kept braking off right at the joint in the shaft. Rhinos are way bigger forsure.

sent from my htc

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far nothing good to say about allballs junk on the cats.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far nothing good to say about allballs junk on the cats.

...referring to ball joints, tie rods/ends, bearings, all??

If you could add some more clarity please doorfx, as to what failed and how long it took?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tie rod ends 1 ride and done. Got them on eBay , couldn't get a refund because they said it was abuse. Savageman posted a vid of his actually breaking while he was riding it. Yes we both have 28" + tires but the stockers last me a lot better and I have never read of one breaking. Can't say on the bearings as I have not tried them.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesnt Moose Racing own or buy out AllBalls?

Could be since Moose is the only other company to have the same parts as AllBalls...and Quad boss too, now that I think about it. Am trying to keep all parts the same as the pricing is 99% identical!

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tie rod ends 1 ride and done. Got them on eBay , couldn't get a refund because they said it was abuse. Savageman posted a vid of his actually breaking while he was riding it. Yes we both have 28" + tires but the stockers last me a lot better and I have never read of one breaking. Can't say on the bearings as I have not tried them.

I have 27" vs stock 26", and my machine has stock tierod&ends still.... And must be pretty good since when my incident happened it did bend the rod AND tie rod, but nothin broke!!

It's the same with the ball joints, stock parts...and they are JUST going bad now 13 years, 2600 miles later!

Hmmm food for thought for sure!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well rob, ya got your moneies worth if they lasted that long. may as well fix it and get a few more years out of the beast. read between the lines on posts, as not everyone rides the same, u seen tex ride, anthing that would hold up for 1 ride would last others a life time. hehe.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
A lot has to do with riding style. If your pinned in the mud all the time everything will break or especially with the diff locked!! Big rubber is also hard on the machines. Just sayin.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do ya know how I ride ???

Ur either lost or upside down or at the back......

sent from my htc

don't want to see you break somethin tex haha that is why i stay to the back. your riding style is what i would call here we go stuck again hehe. mine is to get the quad washed anyway i can haha.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot has to do with riding style. If your pinned in the mud all the time everything will break or especially with the diff locked!! Big rubber is also hard on the machines. Just sayin.

As Tex, imdoo, and DaveB know I don't ride hard!! My quad is old and I tend to take it easier on it.

hahaha...yes Larry I read between the lines as I know how Tex rides....I am sure the pack at the front has atleast one brew before me and you get there...LOL I am continuing research to find the best solution worth my money, and atleast another couple years of riding the old beast! Was out lookin at machines today....damn it's a hard decision!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the new machines sure look nice, but you and i both know we will get there, just may take a minute or two, hehe. tough decision, but even to sell the quad ya got to fix it so it will run, may as well just fix it and ride it for a while.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Tex, imdoo, and DaveB know I don't ride hard!! My quad is old and I tend to take it easier on it.

hahaha...yes Larry I read between the lines as I know how Tex rides....I am sure the pack at the front has atleast one brew before me and you get there...LOL I am continuing research to find the best solution worth my money, and atleast another couple years of riding the old beast! Was out lookin at machines today....damn it's a hard decision!!

What do ya mean. I ride like that sober

sent from my htc

Top Bottom