98rmk jackshaft bolt

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an old '98 rmk700 stuck up in the woods. The problem is that the jackshaft bolt broke off. Tried tapping it out etc. Is taking it out and welding on a chunk of sh*t the only other option?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By jackshaft bolt, what exactly do you mean? Try heating it, then spray fluid film on it when its red (Ish) hot. Then, try a reverse drill bit. These situations suck. Good luck!

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips J-Roc. I think they tried that already but it didn't work.
I'll probably just take it out rather than try and tow the thing out. Any special tools I would need? Just snap ring pliers and the socket to pull the chaincase cover off?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far I. Is it? Trail? Deep?

If memory serves me right (been about 6 years) IRS the chain case cover, pillow block bearings, tensioner, both sprockets, backside of the case, track tensioner bolts, skid bolts, etc. Definitely possible on the hill, but is a job better suited to towing it out if you can.

A crazy carpet around the track works well if you tie the ski of the dead sled directly to the rear bumper of the towing sled.

Alternatively, you can flip the sled around, set it on the tunnel of another machine after you flip the skis backwards.

Best of luck man. If you were closer I'd go give you a hand.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
J-rock, you sound like an awesome guy and if I could buy you some beers I would!
I may take youre advice and tie the ass end down on the back of my sled with his skis flipped around.
Cheers Man!

Top Bottom