98 Powder Special Flooding on Cylinder

Redneck Ian

Reaction score
I have an issue with my Powder special 600. It was flooding the right cylinder when it is at high rpm. I have checked the wires and spark which care good. I took the injector from the right cylinder and moved it to the left side and vise versa. Now the issue is on the left cylinder. I have sent both injectors off to be cleaned hoping this will fix the issue. Is there anything else I should be looking at that would cause this. Season is short and I do not want to miss any of it. Any advise will help.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a stuck injector to me. Should fix your issue when you get them back

Redneck Ian

Reaction score
The company that I dropped the injectors off with thought thay could clean them.... apparently they can not. Does anyone know of anyone that can clean them or check them in Edmonton AB.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not off the top of my head I don't but had one that was stuck on a cat we had once. Tapped it a few times with a screwdriver on the bench and reinstalled. Worked good ran done injector cleaner through the system after and it ran great for the season before I sold at end of the year

Redneck Ian

Reaction score
I have tried three different injectors and i keep coming up with the same issue. I am going to switching sides again with the injectors to see if the trouble follows it again. I have checked the water temp sensor and air temp sensor and they are in the ball park. I am going to check TPS next and fuel pressure as soon as i find a gauge. Dealer is saying could be a faulty stator, I did not like that answer. They are saying the secondary windings could be gone and can get false readings on it. Any truth to this? Out of all the years of riding i never had an issue I could not figure out.

Top Bottom