98 indy 500 bogs please help.

DELOW

Reaction score
I have an Indy 500 it bogs some times and somtimes not. When it does the rpms will only go to 5000 rpm and hold there you can play with the throttle and it dont make a difference. Then out of no where it will run perfect rev up and cruse at 65 mph why does it bog somtimes. I have cleaned the carbs and ran polaris carbon cleaner threw the system. I moved the clip up on the needel one notch also it is at the second from the top. Whats next to look at?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have an Indy 500 it bogs some times and somtimes not. When it does the rpms will only go to 5000 rpm and hold there you can play with the throttle and it dont make a difference. Then out of no where it will run perfect rev up and cruse at 65 mph why does it bog somtimes. I have cleaned the carbs and ran polaris carbon cleaner threw the system. I moved the clip up on the needel one notch also it is at the second from the top. Whats next to look at?

Seems to be the problem of the week.... your #3 to post about it....
If I figure mine out I'll let you know..

DELOW

Reaction score
no I havent was thinking either that or mabe one of my floats are sticking.

DELOW

Reaction score
I think it is a fuel problem cause the clutches are not hanging up or doing any thing out of the ordinary. no smell or burning.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Did my carbs and they are all good......

On to clutches... I saw lots of other forums suggesting clutch work as well...

Top Bottom