98 670x jets for 8000

98670X

Reaction score
Hey all, im new here and just bought a 98 670summitx. Nice upgrade from the 96 583 mxz.i got a couple of Q's.

1st im ridiing in 6-8000 ft, closer to 8000 and i have 290 and 300 jets, will that work for my elevation?also the dpm was removed so im mixin 50:1

2nd its been upgrade to 2inch courtesy of a drop and roll, how do i tell if its a 141?

thats all for now but thanks in advance

P.S Great forum :beer:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
the dpm has nothing to do with oil injection. the dpm dose the elevation compensation. my old ladys old 670 mod was running 460 mains so im not sure about the 300 main, is engine stock. are you still running air box or does it have k&n type filters. just run it and see. check plugs and always remember sleds lean out as temps and elevation drop so on those cold nights coming off the mountain dont get to racy with your buddies.

98670X

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i just dont get how you can be useing a 450 and me running a 300, thats a big difference is it not?, i know the dpm is about jet adjustment , just thought you should know it was off.
From what i know its a stock machine looks like new top and bottom gaskets , i peerd into the exaust port and didnt see much wash if any, so it must have been rebuilt recently.
Stock pipe and can, stock airbox, i havent even rode the thing , just picked it up for 800 bucks, just want to be sure when i get to the mountain itll run decent
Im on dial up and reserch is pretty slow but cant seem to find much on the setup, cant even find the stock carb and clutch settings, its getting frustrating. anyways thanks for the help.........Chris

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have no DPM and stock carbs you will be down in the 300's for sure (basically you are using the stock MZX 670 setup, not the Summit setup since you have no DPM). Find a jetting chart for a 670 MXZ and maybe start with that. I know I'm running 330's and 340's with twins, pods, and some other mods. I could probably drop to 310's at 7,000 ft and be safe.

hogwild

Reaction score
hey team dirt i could use that guy in pinchers info if he is good with the 670 ,s. i have one that is all modded and i cant get it to run rite

hogwild

Reaction score
ya thats my old hot rod, to bad i cant make my sled run like that thing did

Top Bottom