98-670 parts?

bones01

Reaction score
96-670 parts?

just picked up a sled for the wife (1996 summit 670/136, fatboy pipe) very fast!!. Looking for a trailing arm RH side, also looking for the stock sway bar as the wife is having alittle trouble keeping the ski's on the ground, it rolls left or right very very easy.

anyone think the sway bar will/will not help? it seems to barrle roll very easy and she's just starting.
also how do some people have there front/rear springs dialed in? right now the front is turned completly out. i was wondering if it should be turned in couple turns to help with the rolling issue?
will streching it to a 144" help? this would make it longer and bigger footprint on the ground

thxs

Jim Lahey

Reaction score
Re: 96-670 parts?

just picked up a sled for the wife (1996 summit 670/136, fatboy pipe) very fast!!. Looking for a trailing arm RH side, also looking for the stock sway bar as the wife is having alittle trouble keeping the ski's on the ground, it rolls left or right very very easy.

anyone think the sway bar will/will not help? it seems to barrle roll very easy and she's just starting.
also how do some people have there front/rear springs dialed in? right now the front is turned completly out. i was wondering if it should be turned in couple turns to help with the rolling issue?
will streching it to a 144" help? this would make it longer and bigger footprint on the ground

thxs

Hello,

Regarding the trailing arm, get one from a Kimpex distributor. You might have to paint it to match but they have them available at around $100 compared to the dealers at $300. I ordered my last trailing arm from Canadian Tire because the dealer price increase from $150 to $280 several years ago.

I rode a summit with the sway bar removed and they do tip from side to side very easy. Not a pleasant ride unless you are in the mountains and an agressive rider. Check and see it the sway bar is completely removed or only the linkage from the trailing arm to the sway bar. The exisitance of a sway bar will cure the issue you have.

Stretching the machine to 144 will not help the front end stability issues.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 96-670 parts?

thxs

Tighten up the front springs and limiter strap. Tighter strap will mean more ski pressure and less wheeling. Also could tighten up rear springs for less transfer, which might help. Sway bar might help but could just cause more problems in the end, way easier to handle off trail without it.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call JT's Snowmobile at 1 800 465 5668 in New Lowell Ont, 20 k's west of Barrie. (north of Toronto). I have been dealing with him for years. He has new and used part's and ship's ANYWHERE! Tell 'em Don sent ya! TKS

bones01

Reaction score
i have a brand new strap. i'll putter on and try that, then tighten up the rear on the trail see if it helps.

thanks

Top Bottom