975 Terra Alps

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
If you do it have a spare sled to ride. I missed an entire season because of this guy. Oh yea... it lasted less then a couple tanks of gas as well! Not gonna rant on Ted again, just beware.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they don't work mine had just a porting and machine job done on a brand new motor and ya 150 km's later in eagle pass my sled blows up and gives me a nice 8 hr sled tow out plus a $300 rental bill for a sled to pull it out with and now i'm looking like i'm gonna miss the season thanks to this guy so ya beware of TOW ROPE TEDDY

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ted did a total rebuild on my 06x rev, plus porting and a new head.
Had a bit of clutch tweeking to do at first, but now this sled just RIPS!!!
I have 600km on the engine and it is working great.

Ted does a LOT of engines, but all you hear about are the guys with issues.

I'm very happy with my Terra Alps engine!!

You go Teddy!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they don't work mine had just a porting and machine job done on a brand new motor and ya 150 km's later in eagle pass my sled blows up and gives me a nice 8 hr sled tow out plus a $300 rental bill for a sled to pull it out with and now i'm looking like i'm gonna miss the season thanks to this guy so ya beware of TOW ROPE TEDDY

With all due respect - you never say why it blew up. What went wrong it that you are blaming on Ted? Its easy to make an accusation, but without facts, it means nothing. Post pics of plugs and pistons please.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never assembled it mainjet in nelson bc assembled it and ya it was an issue with the new billet head he sent me and the seals that he gave me with his kit. I even had my boondocker control box and clutching dialed in by Brent lindermann so it was not an issue of setup just poorely done work. Its also the customer services I have been calling him everyday straight since saturday to try and fiqure out what we can do about it and no answer I'm sure He has made some good motors mine worked great for a bit. But I would never ever go back to him or recommend his work and thats my opinion on this issue

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have my terra alps 830 rev tore down right now, all his machine work is flawless. have checked all clearances and everything is right on money where it should be. he has been very good to deal with other than being way to busy from september to christmas. i am the cause of my failure as seymour arm is only 1100 feet at town and ride 30 km before i make significant elevation change.engine works great in corbin where u unload at 4500' and go up from there. changing domes for 12.5/1 and i should be good. Alot of failures are due to riders that own a mod and probobly shouldnt.

ashman_42

Reaction score
I've been holding off on putting negative feedback on this thread due to my current situation on a 975 that ted built for me. I sent him a perfect running 900 and got a 975 back from him that ran for less than an hour. Not a bad way to spend $3500. The company he had weld the crank didn't weld the mag journal end of the crank and it decided to move. The engine came to a halt after 4 km's. He offered to help, but on my dollar. He was quick to acuse it as my fault. My suggestion would be to get ahold of Ralph at Split Second Performance on his 999 BB. He has a solid reputation on high performance motors and answers his phone. He also has a solid engine for all you xp riders out there. To all you's watching this thread beware and warn your friends, this was not a cool learning experience.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I've been holding off on putting negative feedback on this thread due to my current situation on a 975 that ted built for me. I sent him a perfect running 900 and got a 975 back from him that ran for less than an hour. Not a bad way to spend $3500. The company he had weld the crank didn't weld the mag journal end of the crank and it decided to move. The engine came to a halt after 4 km's. He offered to help, but on my dollar. He was quick to acuse it as my fault. My suggestion would be to get ahold of Ralph at Split Second Performance on his 999 BB. He has a solid reputation on high performance motors and answers his phone. He also has a solid engine for all you xp riders out there. To all you's watching this thread beware and warn your friends, this was not a cool learning experience.

Now there is two of us that lost $3500 bones there! Best friends should have things in common, but not like this. So crappy man I know you worked so hard to get that thing running. We gave Ted another chance and he is still the same guy. New shop....still the same crook. You can put lipstick on a pig but in the end it's still a PIG.:(

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been holding off on putting negative feedback on this thread due to my current situation on a 975 that ted built for me. I sent him a perfect running 900 and got a 975 back from him that ran for less than an hour. Not a bad way to spend $3500. The company he had weld the crank didn't weld the mag journal end of the crank and it decided to move. The engine came to a halt after 4 km's. He offered to help, but on my dollar. He was quick to acuse it as my fault. My suggestion would be to get ahold of ralph at split second performance on his 999 bb. He has a solid reputation on high performance motors and answers his phone. He also has a solid engine for all you xp riders out there. To all you's watching this thread beware and warn your friends, this was not a cool learning experience.

i'm currently running my girlfriends dads sled 860 xp w/jaws twins and 14.5-1 head built by split second trust me this thing works!!! My girlfriends dad used to own motion motorsports in bonneville and knows ted first hand he does good work but is constantly really busy but sometimes things get missed in the process and go wrong but when they go wrong he is the first to accuse you that u caused the problem. He had terra alps head on it and ended up switching it out to one from split second. My 700 with ported jugs and head lasted me 150 km's while others have lasted a long time. I would personally go to either split second or see brent linderman in crowsnest pass now he knows what he is doing

ashman_42

Reaction score
i'm currently running my girlfriends dads sled 860 xp w/jaws twins and 14.5-1 head built by split second trust me this thing works!!! My girlfriends dad used to own motion motorsports in bonneville and knows ted first hand he does good work but is constantly really busy but sometimes things get missed in the process and go wrong but when they go wrong he is the first to accuse you that u caused the problem. He had terra alps head on it and ended up switching it out to one from split second. My 700 with ported jugs and head lasted me 150 km's while others have lasted a long time. I would personally go to either split second or see brent linderman in crowsnest pass now he knows what he is doing

Hey Small world, tell Chuck Ashton in Bonnyville said hi, my shop is actually next door to Motion. I tore my 975 apart there for there expert opinion on what went wrong. I guess in the long run of all this B.S someone had to learn who the reputatable engine builders are out there, hope all the readers of this thread learn from my and all the others $*!t luck from what that particular shop in Kelowna puts out the door.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Small world, tell Chuck Ashton in Bonnyville said hi, my shop is actually next door to Motion. I tore my 975 apart there for there expert opinion on what went wrong. I guess in the long run of all this B.S someone had to learn who the reputatable engine builders are out there, hope all the readers of this thread learn from my and all the others $*!t luck from what that particular shop in Kelowna puts out the door.

HEY ASHTON I WILL FORSURE I'LL BE GOING OVER THERE FOR SOME DINNER AND CHEESECAKE TONITE :d SO I WILL SAY HI TO HIM FROM YA FORSURE!!! I HOPE PEOPLE REALIZE IT AS WELL YOU BASICLLY GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF GETTING SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF THERE SO NOT WORTH IT TO ME ANYMORE AS CHUCK IS REBUILDING MY MOTOR RITE NOW AS WE SPEAK LOL BUT I WILL SAY HI TO HIM FROM YA FORSURE

Top Bottom