97 Kitty Kat Carb help...

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put fuel in the kids Kitty Kat and noticed there is fuel pouring out the side of the carb. Any idea why this is happening...I assume this is not supposed to happen?! Here are a few pics...

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC09036.jpg
    DSC09036.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC09040.jpg
    DSC09040.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC09041.jpg
    DSC09041.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 50

saint_nick3

Reaction score
The Needle is stuck open, tap the side of the carb with a screw driver and that usually shuts it, but its probably ready for a new needle and seat a good cleaning.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Needle is stuck open, tap the side of the carb with a screw driver and that usually shuts it, but its probably ready for a new needle and seat a good cleaning.

Thanks Man! A few taps and it stopped. NOW...any advice for getting this thing started? It has sat for a year without gas in the carb...The fuel tank split so I ordered a new one, just installed.

Mark

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Think there should also be a hose on that so it drains down lower so less risk of a fire

farmerger

Reaction score
Think there should also be a hose on that so it drains down lower so less risk of a fire

I'll have a look at my kids Kitty when I get home tonight, but I don't think there is a drain on the side there.

As for getting it started, on mine taking out the pilot jet and letting it sit in some solvent cured all hard starting, poor idle problems.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still having trouble!!!!!!!! The carb is NOT leaking anymore...I pulled the carb off & cleaned it...LOTS of spark...good fuel and fuel line is good...sled will only run when I dump gas in the cylinder and then it stalls. I have done this 15 times...It will NOT run on its own...500 pulls later...

ANY HELP??? What else is there to look at?????

Top Bottom