96 STORM Driven me NUTS!!!!!

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Long story short, engine rebuilt, new crank, polished and ported jug's, weisco pistons, 450 jet's on all jug's. Start's, idles and runs no problem.........when you bar the throttle from a stop, it will lift the front end up and stretch your arms, you can feel it shift up and next thing you know your doin 80+ mph. Here's the issue, if you take off on a trail and doing about 25-30 mph at 4500-5000 rpm and hit the throttle she bogs out, choking makes it worse, only way around it is to slow down to 15-20 mph and hit the throttle, it will then hook up and take off again like normal till you slow down to that 25-30 mph and bog comes back. Cleaned both clutches drive running square almond spring, with blue/silver on secondary. Secondary set to 4th hole on preload and belt deflection is OK. My question is could secondary be too tight, or could it be too high gearing? Any idea's would be great.:):):):):):):)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your needles are set wrong. Mid-range bog = needles usually.

other can chime in on the Stator but im sure it is a low rpm high rpm dual stage unit. If it happens to run three stages then it might be that.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call the shop, i have one we did abunch of work on and the guy never picked it up....so its for sale too...buy it...cheap,,,, got to be able to get one out of the two running.

T

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update your clutch springs also! Polaris has'nt made the Almond square spring since 97 and i'd say the secondary is way too tight. Shouldn't have to run it in no more than the 2nd or 3rd hole. Go to a heavier spring if quicker backshift is what your looking for.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From an old -Doo triple rider, I agree with changing out the pulley springs, Especially the secondary. $20 and I'll bet you will see a grand improvement.

Top Bottom