95 Summit 670 Questions

JimmySummit

Reaction score
Currently rebuilding a 95 Summit 670 just a few questions

What setting should the secondary spring be set on?

What's the torque setting for the head bolts?

Did they make a mechanical reverse for this sled?

Will a seat and gas tank off a 2000 Mach fit this sled or can it be made to fit without using a sawzall? :d

This sled is bone stock although I do have a Fatboy pipe made by Fast for it that has not been put on yet, would you recommend dropping it down one tooth for gearing?

Thank you in advance for anything you can help me out with.

JimmySummit

Reaction score
One last thing, I'm not sure what the stock jets should be. I'm at about
1800ft, the jets that were in there when I bought the sled was 370 pto and 360 mag....thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What setting should the secondary spring be set on?
Whatever works best for the backshifting and the terrain you ride. I would try on B2 or something in the middle of the road and then adjust to A or C as necessary.

What's the torque setting for the head bolts?

I believe its about 21 ft/lbs or somewhere close, don't hold me to that though.

Did they make a mechanical reverse for this sled?

Yes they did. Find a used one at a sled wreckers, you will pay about $500 new I think for one and it adds about 10 lbs. Not worth it IMO.

Will a seat and gas tank off a 2000 Mach fit this sled or can it be made to fit without using a sawzall? :d

Mach is a CK3 chassis I think, yours is an F-chassis. It will take quite a bit of work to make it fit, you would probably have to do a lot of cutting. Both myself and Kore on here have made our own seats for these sleds and that is a lot less work than putting the seat and tank on from a Mach I bet. Search the performance section for "670 seat mod" or PM Kore and he can probably link the thread for you.

This sled is bone stock although I do have a Fatboy pipe made by Fast for it that has not been put on yet, would you recommend dropping it down one tooth for gearing?
What is the current gearing? 19 or 20/43 is usually good for these sleds in the mountains.

JimmySummit

Reaction score
Thanks Mod Man, I'll do a search for that seat mod, just found it hard to say no for a new seat and gas tank for $150...too bad that won't work.

The gearing in this sled is quite different from what I'm used to by ski doo, the top gear is a 25 tooth which is actually stock for this sled, bottom is a 44

Thanks for the advice about the secondary, I've played around quite a bit with clutches, carbs and gears throughout my years but this sled is really puzzling me.These sleds had so much potential out of the crate yet it seems like everything has to be tweaked to reach its true potential.

Any idea about the stock jetting? My manual that I just downloaded is giving me figures that don't make any sense,270/280 and such but when I got the sled it had 360/370 jetting which seems like a more realistic number.

thanks again

Top Bottom