95 Indy Trail Bogs

Jason

Reaction score
My son's Indy Trail bogs from 0-1/3 throttle and then runs fine at high RPM. It ran perfect one day then parked it and the next day it had this problem. Can anyone help me out here. I have taken off the carbs and completly stripped them apart looking for something in the carb and put them back on just to have the same problem.:confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My son's Indy Trail bogs from 0-1/3 throttle and then runs fine at high RPM. It ran perfect one day then parked it and the next day it had this problem. Can anyone help me out here. I have taken off the carbs and completly stripped them apart looking for something in the carb and put them back on just to have the same problem.:confused:

Jason, does it bog without the belt on? this would tell you if its an engine bog or if its in the clutch

Jason

Reaction score
It still bogs on the bottom with the belt off. I just changed the secondary also when I began working on it. The belt seems to sit a little high on it when it is at idle. Found small pinhole in fuel line to 1 carb. I'll replace it and try it, also there seems to be a head gasket leak on the one side would this affect it and would it make it run lean? I pulled the plugs and they are almost white.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Jason, if it is liquid cooled of course it would affect the running, its then burning off water/antifreeze with the gas, and from what I remember of my old car that blew a head gasket the plugs on that were white as well.

Jason

Reaction score
It is actually air cooled. Only a 340. It runs like there is a governor on it. You can clamp the throttle and it revs up and only goes about 20km/h.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would make sure that you can rev it correctly with the belt off, and test the centrikal (sp?) clutch make sure its engaging tight enough. Also, check your chain case for water.

Jason

Reaction score
Took the 600 for a good ride today. Seems that it may be part clutching. Can anyone tell me the optimum rpm for the XCR 600. I could get it up to 7600 rpm and that din't feel like enough. Then when you backed off the throttle I would have to play with the throttle to get it back onto the power. Does this mean I need lighter weights in the primary? Can anybody tell me what weights a spring I should be using? I think the weights I have are a 28mb if that sounds right(its been about 3 years since they were put in) and a white spring. Also do you think the secondary would have anything to do with this problem?

Jason

Reaction score
Sorry 10mb weights

Attachments

• 10111.jpg
    10111.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom