900 rmk temperature problems

chrisdrover

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 rmk 900 with only 900 miles on it. not quite sure what normal running coolant temp should be. it runs 80-85 celcius, wondering if this is high and what i could possibly check or do to fix it...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 rmk 900 with only 900 miles on it. not quite sure what normal running coolant temp should be. it runs 80-85 celcius, wondering if this is high and what i could possibly check or do to fix it...

where are ya riding it hard packed or loose snow
has it got scratchers on it

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my front rad removed! when Im on hard pack I must have my scratchers down or she gets hot. normal temp is 125-135 with scratchers down. I have seen it up to 175 with no scratchers but thats way to hot.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My 05 Fusion 900 runs at about 53C / 127F

I fitted the SLP hot air elimination kit to the clutch side

That seems to help with the cooling

94fordguy

The thermostat on the 900s opens at about 126*F so anywhere between 126- 150*F is good, if you are getting above that, you should throw your scratchers down (900s love scratchers) Once you get above 200*F you are in the neighborhood of risking engine damage, The o-rings in the head can melt and then its time to tear it apart.

80*C = 176*F Your definitley running Hot at that temp, get some scratchers asap, your sled will thank you:beer:

Again, I deal is 126*F - 150*F = 52*C - 65*C If you hit 85*C (185*F) stop and pack some snow on the running boards to get it cooled down.

:beer::beer:

yammy

Reaction score
206 and she will det on the 05,buy some scratchers and use them on hard pack trail.In powder she should be around 130 to 150.My old 900 had the front rad removed and replaced with slp air box.:beer::beer:

chrisdrover

Reaction score
Where do you mount the scratches to, instructions say to remove front idler wheels, help.. Also anyone know how to change speed and temp from km/h and celcius to miles per hour and degrees f...

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you mount the scratches to, instructions say to remove front idler wheels, help.. Also anyone know how to change speed and temp from km/h and celcius to miles per hour and degrees f...

the mfd will display either standard or metric units of measurement ..while viewing a screen that displays measurements press and hold the mode switch and hold till the unit of measurement change (approx 10 seconds)
mode sswitch is push in at the top the set button is the push in at the bottom
hope this helps ya

guidoxpress

Reaction score
get scratchers for SURE.......

but you also need to get rid of your front radiator..do not loop the system, delete it entirely and run the hose from the front cooler (behind engine) straight to the sylinder head, and then BLOCK the hose from the coolant bootle...

and VENT the heck out of the sled...

Top Bottom