900 RMK front cooler

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Thinking of removing the front cooler. I was told no problems with removing it.... Doesnot need it. Just loop hoses & put a restricter in line for fluid flow. Have a Fire n Ice air intake. Anyone got any feedback they would like to share ? Thks. :)

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i heard that the liquid temp cause down quite a bit from a friend of mine has the same sled and intake and it runs perfectly fine with out it.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
well i heard that the liquid temp cause down quite a bit from a friend of mine has the same sled and intake and it runs perfectly fine with out it.

Thks guy.... Does yer friend got a inline restricter ? If you don't know could you find out ? :)

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled my rad from my 05 900. Don't need the restrictor either. Remove the hose from the coolant bottle completely and plug with a 3/4" plug. I left just enough hose sticking out to insert the plug. Take out the T fitting and use a straight coupler instead. I used a plug from Home Depot plumbing dept in the outdoor sprinkler section. If you use a brass plug I think you have to use a 1".

My temps are much cooler this year. Last year my sled would run around 135 - 145 with the rad in. This year it runs low to mid 120's.

Attachments

• 900rmkcoolingsysassy-1.jpg
    900rmkcoolingsysassy-1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 201

94fordguy

My riding buddy has an '06 900 and he removed his front cooler as well. He claims the temps dropped significantly. Snow would pack in against the cooler in deep snow and would act as an insulation, and thus higher temps.

Take it off... you'll save some weight too:cool:

Casper

Reaction score
Hey we did my buddies sled it works great just follow the diagram mac900 gave you and you will do just fine. Another benefit was my buddy took a tree hard in the front end a couple of rides later and this would have for sure killed the rad, we put the pipe back on duct taped up the plastic and rode it out. saved a lot of work. Dont forget to check the boots at the throttle body's they crack and have a piece of puck board to close the hole in where the rad was removed.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this rad delete work on a 600rmk aswell? Was thinking bigger ucooler in the back and removing the front.

Casper

Reaction score
Hey the front rad we are talking about is the one on the 05/06 900RMK it looks like a baby radiator and is located in the nose of the sled, Does your 600 have the same set up if so you might gain some cooling due to less restriction.

Top Bottom