900 rmk for $4500? Good deal?

ohiobandits

Reaction score
Hey guys I just moved to Colorado and was looking to get a nice mountain sled. Found a sled on craigslist it is a 2006 Polaris 900 rmk with a 159" track, it has reverse and only 201 miles on it. It has always been garaged and never crashed the guy rode it 3 times and decided snowmobiling wasn't for him. The guy is asking $4500 for it. I went and looked at it and it looks brand new started up 2nd pull and they guy lost rode it in 2008. Any thoughts on the price and the make, model and year? What price would you offer him? I was thinking $4000?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey guys I just moved to Colorado and was looking to get a nice mountain sled. Found a sled on craigslist it is a 2006 Polaris 900 rmk with a 159" track, it has reverse and only 201 miles on it. It has always been garaged and never crashed the guy rode it 3 times and decided snowmobiling wasn't for him. The guy is asking $4500 for it. I went and looked at it and it looks brand new started up 2nd pull and they guy lost rode it in 2008. Any thoughts on the price and the make, model and year? What price would you offer him? I was thinking $4000?

I would jump on that !!! You will hear lots of comments about issues :eek:..Lots of sleds have issues ! 2006 900 has a lot improvements over the 2005. For that price for a next to new sled that has torque like a horse..I would think you will be a very happy sledder ! :):beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it was said 900s had issues, but give me one big bore that didn't have issues. they all doo. that said it will pull like a rented mule, but eat fuel as well. price seems a little high though for U.S. model we canget them for same or less in Canada right now. i would offer him 35 and meet in the middle at 4. i personaly would not pay more than that in the off season.
good luck and happy sledding.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
parts r still all avail. good machine stock. if u handy wit sum wrenches and do research u can find that a few hundred bucks can really lightn them up. for a 1000-2000 u can turn it into sumthn crazy over nite. lots of little tips and tricks i learned about them that r low cost that the factory chose not to do. 4000g is decent price being it has 200 miles on it. i love mine and if u buy it and need sum tips just pm me. good luck.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
149 hp out of a 900, think i would pass, i know guys with nothing but problems with them.
just my 2 cents

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are handy with tools, go for it for $3500 - $4000. Contrary to what non-believers say, they are strong sleds. I sold my 9 this spring after 6 seasons of trouble free riding. I did spend mucho dollars on mods. It was over 60 lbs lighter and had an honest 170-plus hp. Very fun and reliable sled. Any in my group will back me on this. The only reason I sold it, is I love the Pro chassis, but I will be missing the power and torque of the 9. It was rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my old 05 900......many miles with zero problems......if I could sell my turbo yamy.....I found a moded 05 900 with an Indy Dan Engine and lots and lots of mods........for $$6000.......I would buy another 900 in a heart beat but if I had the money to buy new it would be the PRO!

I think the 08-10 800 are worse than the 05/06 900.......maybe because my 900 always ran and was not a time bomb! the 900 got a bad rap because guys left them stock.......there is lots of little tricks! as a stock sled they were a time bomb.......but the 800 have no trick to keep them alive......unless you drive them like a girl......or turbo them and add that fuel box.......I guess you could still drive it like a girl and add a fuel box!

sorry back to the topic......900 are a great sled!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2005 900 and it was a beast for weight. But!!!! I could climb anything and once you get use to the tank ride its not bad... Issues YES they have them (vibrations,cranks etc) mine was smooth and strong. I did feel one that had that vibration issue and WOW it was brutal. i only sold it to buy newer or i would still have it today. If you buy it upgrade the skis
RP

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
parts r still all avail. good machine stock. if u handy wit sum wrenches and do research u can find that a few hundred bucks can really lightn them up. for a 1000-2000 u can turn it into sumthn crazy over nite. lots of little tips and tricks i learned about them that r low cost that the factory chose not to do. 4000g is decent price being it has 200 miles on it. i love mine and if u buy it and need sum tips just pm me. good luck.
what are some of the tricks to make this sled better

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my old 05 900......many miles with zero problems......if I could sell my turbo yamy.....I found a moded 05 900 with an Indy Dan Engine and lots and lots of mods........for $$6000.......I would buy another 900 in a heart beat but if I had the money to buy new it would be the PRO!

I think the 08-10 800 are worse than the 05/06 900.......maybe because my 900 always ran and was not a time bomb! the 900 got a bad rap because guys left them stock.......there is lots of little tricks! as a stock sled they were a time bomb.......but the 800 have no trick to keep them alive......unless you drive them like a girl......or turbo them and add that fuel box.......I guess you could still drive it like a girl and add a fuel box!

sorry back to the topic......900 are a great sled!
what did you do to make it a better sled

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell it to TEX ..............
#1 he loves Popo`s
#2 he loves big heavy popo`s
#3 have a few beer and wait by the phone,he is in no hurry.................

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you do to make it a better sled

look at the slp catalog......torque stop on both sides, exhaust, Fat boy frenchy throttle/oil cable, clutchig, gear down in chain case, SLP power pro skies, vent kit, front rad delete kit, intake, rubber carb boots, get a TPS sensor tool, get the primary clutch balanced, and make sure ALL the up dates are done from the dealer..........not sure on the 06 but he 05 had lots like gastank, chaincase cover, there is a huge list.........this will make it run forever.....06 had less updates than the 05.......then you can start to light weight it and put 08 spindles on and stuff....

what track does it have on?

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For that price and mileage i'd say go for it but dont be surprised in a couple season if the cranks goes if you dont do anything to prevent it, good luck

Top Bottom