900 Fusion PERC Reverse Problem

torszula

Reaction score
I recently blew a belt and at the same tiem broke a spring in my clutch. After replacing both I have a problem with my reverse. I didn't notice this at first because after replacing the parts I had the sled up on a stand and tested the new belt and spring in both forward and reverse. Off the stand and on the ground the sled will move forward witout issue but if I put it in reverse while it is on the ground it does not move. I hear a clunking noise from the clutch area. Any ideas what may be wrong? is ther ean adjustment that is needed? Before the spring broke reverse worked fine. The sled has a Team secondary if that matters.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's most likely that your rollers in your secondary clutch are not engaging properly into the helix ramps. Is your belt deflection adjusted properly? If adjusting the belt deflection does not fix the problem, you are going to have to disassemble your secondary clutch to look for the problem.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently blew a belt and at the same tiem broke a spring in my clutch. After replacing both I have a problem with my reverse. I didn't notice this at first because after replacing the parts I had the sled up on a stand and tested the new belt and spring in both forward and reverse. Off the stand and on the ground the sled will move forward witout issue but if I put it in reverse while it is on the ground it does not move. I hear a clunking noise from the clutch area. Any ideas what may be wrong? is ther ean adjustment that is needed? Before the spring broke reverse worked fine. The sled has a Team secondary if that matters.
Which spring broke? just wondering if you have been working on the secondary already?

torszula

Reaction score
The problem turned out to be the center shaft on my primary expanded a few .001's. It must have heated up pretty good. Anyhow, the expanded shaft was not allowing the bearing to slid eup and down the shaft and engage teh clutch. Ended up replacing the clutch with a used one for $200. not too bad.

Top Bottom