860 Big Bore???????

sledlover

Reaction score
I want to modify my 08 800R summit engine. I do not want to get real crazy with it though as in money spent. I was thinking of getting a big bore kit. Any info is good info. How big can it be bored? I was thinking of a 860 with y pipe, high flow intake, then maybe some nitrous. thanks.

Frenchie

Reaction score
I got an SHR860R for my 07 REV this year, got three rides (250km's) on it so far and I love it, very torquy in the whole powerband.
Bolted the thing on with Big John's specs and it ripped with no fussing around. Does not compare to stock. Do a search on snowest or dootalk and you'll find more info on his stuff, his username is Big John great guy to deal with...
I rode with two PGTM8 guys in Frisby two weeks ago and they can tell you themselves they were quite impressed with this motor :d
Check out his website

Reaction score
Ken from Specialty Sleds Edmonton does RK-Tech 860 Big Bore for 800R engines. The complete kit runs about $3,500.00. I'm running his 827 kit on my 05 800 Rev, I love it. I have over 1,000 miles on it now and it just works. For alot less $$$ he also does an RK-Tech 14.1 high compression billet head kit for about $600.00 plus install. I just put that on my 09 XP but haven't ran it yet. We'll be testing it Dec.11th through 15th in Revy.

Just google Specialty Sleds for pics and specs. Have fun, ride hard!

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, let me know what you think of the head. i just ordered one, and im curious to try it. by the looks of it you will be trying yours before me.

And as for the BB Kits, search around, i know on snowest there are some good comparisions on the kits available. Lots of good information out there!

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
my buddy that did the terra alps 860 started with just a head (bought from specialty sleds not sure brand) and scrapped it after 1 ride. detonation sensor kept coming on and reducing power. ran way better stock. did 860 and works awsome now. save 500 bucks on the head and do the whole works at once.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey
Frencie how are you .bruce and andrew said your sled rips,paul just went and had his turbo taken off top and bottom end redone with 860 big bore and tne new nos system. he also went with a 3" track.look forward to seeing you in sicamous .take care

Top Bottom