850T question

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2021 165 khaos should be around 515 wet. The 2020 155 is 510 wet, and new 3.5 pitch track coming saves 5lbs.

Highly doubt the t850 is only 10lbs more..maybe if you take the stock can off and loose warranty.. You will be looking at a wet weight in the 560-575 mark(and holds 2 gallons less than the poo)oink.

For the doo to compete with any turbo poo's you will have to get an aftermarket flash, then no warranty. So further ahead with a turbo poo at around 50lbs lighter.
Turbo Doo is 10 lbs heavier than the expert partly because of the new lightweight hood. That's documented.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo is only 10 lbs heavier than an Expert. Expert is 5 pounds lighter than a non Expert. What does that work out to.

turbo expert probably weights the same as a NA freeride looking at those numbers.

so 20-25lbs more than a Polaris 850. but the HP gain would be 25hp on average

all that said HP will always be better than weight with that marginal difference, been down that road too many times to count now.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk. Lets see a t850 on the scale full of fluids someone has had to weigh one?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled weight only matters when you are lifting or chucking the sled around. Too many on this forum don't ride where they have to man handle a sled unless they are stuck. Here is the real test: If you are scared when you ride due to the extreme terrain, weight matters.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for an actual weight, as once everything is added to a sled the numbers change a lot. Case in point: My wife’s current ride (ProRMK with a 153” x 2.6” PC track, Avid drivers, Kmod front and rear suspension, Carl’s big bore, 3 belt drive, can, skidplate, etc weighs exactly 90lbs less then my 4S Turbo with Kmod skid, can, skidplate, etc. Both were weighed with spare belt & toolkit, bags, full of fuel and oil. And although she can handle her sled quite well, I think that anything heavier would be a bit of a chore due to her small stature. E-start is mandatory, I was thinking SHOT with a manual rope was the best bet, (or I add the pull rope to an e-start sled). I don’t give a rats ass what she rides as long as she’s happy, and this thread isn’t about which sled is the best, cause they all have shortcomings and benefits over each other. But given that we can’t go riding at the moment because of the Covid crap, we were trying to make best guess decisions based on actual facts. The Axys is the lightest sled, but based on experience of adding tunnel / bulkhead bracing it catches up to other sled weights pretty quick.
Anyway, thanks for your time, I was just hoping to see one on a scale.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for an actual weight, as once everything is added to a sled the numbers change a lot. Case in point: My wife’s current ride (ProRMK with a 153” x 2.6” PC track, Avid drivers, Kmod front and rear suspension, Carl’s big bore, 3 belt drive, can, skidplate, etc weighs exactly 90lbs less then my 4S Turbo with Kmod skid, can, skidplate, etc. Both were weighed with spare belt & toolkit, bags, full of fuel and oil. And although she can handle her sled quite well, I think that anything heavier would be a bit of a chore due to her small stature. E-start is mandatory, I was thinking SHOT with a manual rope was the best bet, (or I add the pull rope to an e-start sled). I don’t give a rats ass what she rides as long as she’s happy, and this thread isn’t about which sled is the best, cause they all have shortcomings and benefits over each other. But given that we can’t go riding at the moment because of the Covid crap, we were trying to make best guess decisions based on actual facts. The Axys is the lightest sled, but based on experience of adding tunnel / bulkhead bracing it catches up to other sled weights pretty quick.
Anyway, thanks for your time, I was just hoping to see one on a scale.

The Doo will be easier to ride if she is not so aggressive as long as she never has to lift it. They steer light and roll up quite easy. All SHOT come with pull start. My experience is you do not need to brace the AXYS tunnel/bulkhead. The bulkhead is definitely one of the strongest on the market. A-arms are another story.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled weight only matters when you are lifting or chucking the sled around. Too many on this forum don't ride where they have to man handle a sled unless they are stuck. Here is the real test: If you are scared when you ride due to the extreme terrain, weight matters.
I agree! It's just the weight I"m worried about then is the load in the back 9f my undies...

Top Bottom