850 XP snorkels...

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I finally got the clutch issue on my quad all figured out, and she doesn't leak anymore.... Except from the vents :d I got a 'lil deep and filled it up. Well, now I'm looking for snorkel kits. So, fellow XP riders, whats a great snorkel kit I can get for my 2011 850 XP, and how easy are they to install? If you got pics, please share, I'd like to see what your running. BTW: I don't want to do a custom job, they are time consuming and XP's are TIGHT!!! But if you did a custom job and you know what you used, please share! :)

BTW: Cuz stories are always good, I got high centred in some soupy mud and tipped it on its side (intake vent side) and she sucked a bit in... Thats when I figured snorkels would be a fun idea.

Thanks for your help! :beer:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to get the triangle atv stealth snorkle for mine. I like not have stacks sticking out of my quad.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have the stealth kit on mine too, but I'm riding in some pretty deep stuff, and my buddy has risers on his and he's just about getting to the top in some places.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to get the triangle atv stealth snorkle for mine. I like not have stacks sticking out of my quad.

I've read a few people complain that the Triangle kits use vaccum hose which dry rots after a couple of years.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya plus i would never ever trust vac hose with the logs -sticks ect ripping a hole in them....

pcv plastic is the only long term way to do it...

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG00043-20100819-2128.jpg I went with the Mud Industries kit. The only thing I didn`t like was all the flexable pipe in the kit. I simply replaced all of it with 1 1/2" abs. Seems to be holding up well so far.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the stealth kit using a plastic spa hose would be plenty. I have only ever had my machine deep enough once where i might have a chance getting water in chit with a stealth snorkle kit. My problem is i have the front and rear boxes on my quad and use them both so i really have no where to run a regular snorkle.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 90252 I went with the Mud Industries kit. The only thing I didn`t like was all the flexable pipe in the kit. I simply replaced all of it with 1 1/2" abs. Seems to be holding up well so far.

That's one sexy 850! I like those risers, they don't look like regular PVC. That might be the kit I'm after!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's one sexy 850! I like those risers, they don't look like regular PVC. That might be the kit I'm after!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Not sure what the coating is on the stacks but, it wasn`t very durable. I`ve since sprayed them with box liner and pledge to shine them up... The mud Industries kit also comes with inserts for the risers to keep the mud out. It`s a great looking kit with the twin risers for the intake but, not the most user friendly for installing.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the coating is on the stacks but, it wasn`t very durable. I`ve since sprayed them with box liner and pledge to shine them up... The mud Industries kit also comes with inserts for the risers to keep the mud out. It`s a great looking kit with the twin risers for the intake but, not the most user friendly for installing.

I doubt all snorkels are very user friendly to install. Right now it's a toss up between the SnorkelyourATV or the MudIndustries kit.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how come u have 4 stacks?

The 2 intake ones are more for show, it evens things out because you can't centre snorkel 850's because of the battery. Having two on one side and one on the other looks goofy.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought kits from mud iindustries and snorkel your atv and found snorkel your atv to be better to deal with. Faster shipping and easier to get a hold of with questions. Both kits see made of same material and cost around the same. Both exxcellent products.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mud industries and snorkel your atv kits are prety much identical. Snorkel your atv is alot better company to deal with. the only thing I do not like about the kits is how they route the belt exhaust. It makes taking the dipstick out impossible. I like the my custom ones where they are entirely pvc pipe. The 850 will not run properly with only 1 intake snorkel. It needs 2 to get the proper amount of air. The stealth kit doen not seem like a good idea to me because you have warm air being pumped out of the belt and your intake is sucking it in. Which ever route you go make sure you use screw fittings on the bottom of the stacks. this way if you ever have to take the front rack off you just unscrew the stacks.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have bought kits from mud iindustries and snorkel your atv and found snorkel your atv to be better to deal with. Faster shipping and easier to get a hold of with questions. Both kits see made of same material and cost around the same. Both exxcellent products.

Thanks, I think I'll go with the Snorkel your ATV kit. :beer:

Make your own , most of the 850 kits don`t breath enough.....

Thats unfortunate, is this for the belt or the engine or both? :beer:

The mud industries and snorkel your atv kits are prety much identical. Snorkel your atv is alot better company to deal with. the only thing I do not like about the kits is how they route the belt exhaust. It makes taking the dipstick out impossible. I like the my custom ones where they are entirely pvc pipe. The 850 will not run properly with only 1 intake snorkel. It needs 2 to get the proper amount of air. The stealth kit doen not seem like a good idea to me because you have warm air being pumped out of the belt and your intake is sucking it in. Which ever route you go make sure you use screw fittings on the bottom of the stacks. this way if you ever have to take the front rack off you just unscrew the stacks.

I really like the looks of the risers they sell, they don't look like the "typical house hold plumbing job sticking out of your rack". My plan is mostly to go with the kit solely for the risers, then ditch the vacuum hose or what ever they use in favour of hard pipe and use their instructions, and some careful innovation to come up with a little more custom kit, but this way it won't be entirely custom and I'll still have a better idea of where to rout the pipes. :beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what my plan was at first. I was going to buy just there stacks to use with my custom design. But they wouldn't sell just the stacks, so I had to stick with what I have now.

Top Bottom