850 turbo tuning

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all these after market shops that offer power up options for the skidoo and now polaris sleds who is the top of the heap
looks like they are programing the ecm and perhaps intake charge tube upgrades
do the programs leave a imprint on the ecms like the diesel truck tuners do?
can a guy bench build a ecm like the efi systems for the dmax so that the stock one is untouched?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$400. I have everything else I need already including a Racers Edge rear suspension.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone read what the original poster asked??? To keep the warranty, your looking at 2500 for aftermarket warranty, 1200 for a good flash. I have heard mixed reviews on the cheaper tunes like ibexx and Bikeman.
He also asked about a replacement ECM, there is another cost, best guess is another 2g.
You will also need a aftermarket boost tube, RPM Motorsports makes a really good one. Clutching of course.

If you want a good tune, the only tune I would be considering is a maptun. Stay away from bikemans tunes, ibexx from what I hear can be good or it can be bad. I know of two sleds that were bad.
The moment you flash it will imprint in the ECM and a software program Change or modified code will pop up in budds, so bye bye warranty.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone read what the original poster asked??? To keep the warranty, your looking at 2500 for aftermarket warranty, 1200 for a good flash. I have heard mixed reviews on the cheaper tunes like ibexx and Bikeman.
He also asked about a replacement ECM, there is another cost, best guess is another 2g.
You will also need a aftermarket boost tube, RPM Motorsports makes a really good one. Clutching of course.

If you want a good tune, the only tune I would be considering is a maptun. Stay away from bikemans tunes.
The moment you flash it will imprint in the ECM and a software program Change or modified code will pop up in budds, so bye bye warranty.
Absolutly Matt.
For all that cost and loss of warranty it is better to get an Edge or a used X and go aftermarket turbo.
They do work well and will give the extra power with less wasted cash.
The factory turbos go so well already and the 850R is about to up the game.

Very very select crowd that can actually wring out a factory turbo. Those peps may keep the after market alive but the factory power wars are full on and efficient clutching is where its at.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arent they sold out now though, or is that fake news ?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My apologies. Never read into where the OP was asking about keeping warranty. If you’re like myself and have no warranty on your first gen factory turbo and you can do the clutching install yourself, you’d be looking at $500 for a clutch kit, $100 for a boost tube and if you know a local tuner, $400 for your tune. So… $1000 if your handy and know a local tuner.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My local dealer, Stojan’s has sold 70 TurboR snow checks. I do not know if they have any left as I’m not in the market for a new machine.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supposedly brp can see all the history of the boost and timing info but would think its all stored in the ecm if a warranty claim came up
so if you had a seperate ecm with programming would dealer/brp know once you swapped back to the stock ecm
all of the 850t's stock or not are not lasting past the 5000kms when rode hard in the mountains anyways
dont know if bikeman is one i would use either but maptune does look interesting and what about force / speedwerx / or silber

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be cheaper to have aftermarket warranty, they don’t ask for budds files.

The moment a person breaks the seal on the ECM, warranty is void after an inspection of the seals.

Last edited:

Remmy

Reaction score
Been running a Sibler stage 2 (with A2D clutching) for about a month and a half now and I have NO reason to doubt it's claimed +20 HP. Off idle response is indiscernible from stock and the map seems to run just as clean. Can't speak for Stage 3 or 4 as I haven't ran them yet. Haven't felt the need...yet lol. 1-5K I run 1.5-2 Gallons of 100LL per tank.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MapTun stage 1 works very well, perfect manners anywhere. You have to load the front clutch dramatically, that is over & above a recalibrated & corrected stock clutch set up.

Once you flash the ECU, BUDS will immediately display a code you cannot clear. Flash the ECU back to stock & you can clear the code. MapTun can read faults codes & clear them. What MapTun will not do is the clear the min/max tables which is one of the tattle tales of an aftermarket flash.

MapTun easily goes back & forth from stock to modified. You don't have to buy the box as one can do multiple sleds, watercraft & off road products.

Top Bottom