85 cents

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the good times are now gone - 85 cent dollar - whoa.

At that rate the US car/sled import market will dry up pretty quick!!!!

G

Guest1

Oil and Gas companies get paid in USD so that is a good thing :d I only liked the par or above dollar for travel South of the border.

As far as exports...yes it is good but only if the peeps south of the 49th can afford to buy our goods....;)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, I was kinda surprised by it tonite. paid for an item i won on ebay, their exchange rate was 81 cents on the dollar. holy sh!t....I'll be cutting back there for sure....lol

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that if you were to crunch the numbers, buying cars and other "big ticket" items would still be cheaper to go south of the border for. Unless my math is super bad, a truck that sells here for 60 K plus is usually around 40 K here, so if it takes 1.15 CAD to equal 1.00 USD, that 40 K truck would be 46 K CAD. With GST on the 46 K CAD, you would be just over 48 K. So you are still saving roughly 12 thousand, I know there are import inspections and other costs, but I would hazarad a guess that they don't come anywhere close to 12 thousand. Seems worthwhile to me to go south for a truck.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's make the idea of importing a vehicle not so good, but like it was mentioned the savings are still around 10 grand.

Wait till after the election and see what happens. Our gov is actually making some good moves, and our banking system was rated as one of the top in the world. That should spur some foreign interest in our bank insured investments....pushing the dollar back up. Election results will likely have an impact....one way or the other.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way, Pay Pal takes a cut, hence the lower exchange rate.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the good times are now gone - 85 cent dollar - whoa.

At that rate the US car/sled import market will dry up pretty quick!!!!

Overall it is better for the Canadian economy.
Does this mean Al's Imports is closing up shop?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No - as any good business would tell you - the profit is made in the buying price....not the selling price. Just gotta get better deals and with the US economy tanking there are better deals out there.

As I am going to ride this one I will share one such good deal- import 2008 Yamaha Nytro MTX dealer demo with 108miles on it $6,500 US. Got it paid for and brought back before our dollar took a beating. Total cost landed $7,400 CDN - now that's a good deal!!!!!:):):):):)

Last edited:

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Great news .85 is a good start I hope for $0.65 Yes I export to USA:):):)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also makes parts and other stuff that is made for sleds in the states more expensive for us up here now to.. That sucks.. But it's good for selling stuff into the states.. You will see all the prices for sled mods and parts go up by a bit here in the very near future.. that sucks..

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also makes parts and other stuff that is made for sleds in the states more expensive for us up here now to.. That sucks.. But it's good for selling stuff into the states.. You will see all the prices for sled mods and parts go up by a bit here in the very near future.. that sucks..

Funny thing is Glen - it's not like they came down when our dollar was high?? Weird!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is Glen - it's not like they came down when our dollar was high?? Weird!

Actually i noticed at specialty that a bunch of the prices went down after we went thru the stock that we had bought at the lower price.. As new stock came in and the exchange was better prices did drop.. At one point boss seats were all the way down to 599.00 I hear that some people are selling them for like 799.00 now..

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually i noticed at specialty that a bunch of the prices went down after we went thru the stock that we had bought at the lower price.. As new stock came in and the exchange was better prices did drop.. At one point boss seats were all the way down to 599.00 I hear that some people are selling them for like 799.00 now..

Unfortunately it's the people paying the 799 that are the problem, not the ones charging it. That's just business.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's the people paying the 799 that are the problem, not the ones charging it. That's just business.

Charge what the market will bear, right???? We'll bear a lot for sledding it seems. When you think of it - you can probably buy a Lazy boy recliner for $799 - stupid price but hey I love my Boss Highrise (although paid way less than $799).

Top Bottom