800R big bore kits....whose do you have, and how's it workin?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you think these guys are going to tell you all there secrets, thats like taking food out of there mouths.......:eek:

you cant even get head porting pictures and you want to see there top secret case porting also.....

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do anybody know how much more difference is there between a good running 860 and a good running 880????????

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a engine back in 2007 december go down 3 weeks after getting the xp sled, i had the cclip come out of the needle and stuck a ring, i also had a stuck piston in 08 when the sled was filled with mohawk ethanal fuel, and seized a few miles down the trail

sled now has over 5000 miles and crank has been looked at once, i refresh pistons yearly, i did the maching case porting, carb boring, upgraded reeds, and added nitrous a few years ago... i do all my own maintence and a&e has never touched it

i run a dyno port ypipe and pipe, with a mbrp can, have swaped all sorts of pipes and cans, but still with dyno port, i run a stock ecm, with a few mods done to it

i run a 162 by 3 inch camo extreme for the last two years now, with a racers edge skid, sled runs very well compared to other bb

i have ran with many other bb over the years, and most of have been a real disapointment to the owners, a few had a hard time betting stocK SLEDS

i have seen three 860s work well, and they worked good, but only one has not had catastrofic engine disaster since, top end falilure and nicasel flaking, seen some running as low as 400mains, and wondering why they could not pull revs

from what i have seen with the 860, they lack tq compared OF the 880, making them harder to tune... here is a graph of amount of air each motor uses, air/hp work hand in hand... the 880 has a nice broad range tq curve, and is not so rpm sensitive

as for as case porting, we seen a 5hp gain, and a much snappier happy motor

Attachments

• post-9966-1275876161.jpg
    post-9966-1275876161.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 187

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey fred that movies that u post was that a nos pull or all motor pull in that climb that u did...it was a nice pull tho....and after u seeing rkt 860 go on the few clips that he posted how do u think yours well do if u put your sled vs his, same question goes to rkt...because rkt and your sled goes pretty good...i know it would be hard to tell on vid but just a ruff idea????thanks

caution

Reaction score
i had a engine back in 2007 december go down 3 weeks after getting the xp sled, i had the cclip come out of the needle and stuck a ring, i also had a stuck piston in 08 when the sled was filled with mohawk ethanal fuel, and seized a few miles down the trail

sled now has over 5000 miles and crank has been looked at once, i refresh pistons yearly, i did the maching case porting, carb boring, upgraded reeds, and added nitrous a few years ago... i do all my own maintence and a&e has never touched it

i run a dyno port ypipe and pipe, with a mbrp can, have swaped all sorts of pipes and cans, but still with dyno port, i run a stock ecm, with a few mods done to it

i run a 162 by 3 inch camo extreme for the last two years now, with a racers edge skid, sled runs very well compared to other bb

i have ran with many other bb over the years, and most of have been a real disapointment to the owners, a few had a hard time betting stocK SLEDS

i have seen three 860s work well, and they worked good, but only one has not had catastrofic engine disaster since, top end falilure and nicasel flaking, seen some running as low as 400mains, and wondering why they could not pull revs

from what i have seen with the 860, they lack tq compared OF the 880, making them harder to tune... here is a graph of amount of air each motor uses, air/hp work hand in hand... the 880 has a nice broad range tq curve, and is not so rpm sensitive

as for as case porting, we seen a 5hp gain, and a much snappier happy motor

as you well know all engines are not the same.so to say the 860 lack tq.114 on my 07.but pretty sure the rktek is doing a little betteri dont want to see your dyno#.but would like to no how much tq your sled makes.if you know.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no that pull was all motor, i was carring the bottle in the sled tho.... running nitrous has had its issues, i am playing this year with some new products, in the past i have always had a issue after 10 seconds of running it, i feel i have been running the carbs out of fuel, but it sure picks up in those seconds its pouring in their, others have figured it out on the 880s, so it just takes more tweaking with my setup, but i can say, the 880 with the 3 inch almost takes me as high as i need to go with out nitrous, sometimes higher than i need to be

as far as how it compares, i ride with lots of the other bb around kalispel, fernie, medicine hat and so on... it has always stood out

caution

Reaction score
as you well know all engines are not the same.so to say the 860 lack tq.114 on my 07.but pretty sure the rktek is doing a little betteri dont want to see your dyno#.but would like to no how much tq your sled makes.if you know.

fred asked a simple question.dont got an answer or just dont know.one off these days we will meet up and ill show you what a well tuned rk tek860 runs like.set up as kelsey spic.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
off topic.....

Kelsey i have a 13.5 to 1 head (yours) on my M7. what do you recommend as safe octane for 1000 feet and up? premium pump fine to run it down low? or bump it up with race... a gallon or so per tank.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.. here is a graph of amount of air each motor uses, air/hp work hand in hand...

How did you calculate the "amount of air used" by each motor and at those RPM? Is there an actual dyno graph for these sleds? Air and HP do not share a linear relationship just based on air consumption values, so a direct correlation cannot be made from the statement that "more air consumed means more power". if a motor is rich or lean generally then that makes all the difference.

Different fuel circuits may be specifically leaner or richer. For example a motor that is midrange lean and WOT fat, compared to a motor that is midrange fat and WOT lean, might make the same peak torque and have different air consumption values. Having fuel values to go along with the air flow is key.

A stock motor might consume the same amount of air compared to an 860 big bore at 7800 RPM, but the 860 makes more power with more efficiency, so its not really a fair comparison to just say that one motor consumes more air than another. Its about the power the motor makes with that air.

That chart of values doesn't really say much at all in fact, all it looks like is a promo ad for the 880. There are not even any "units" for the air consumption values? CFM?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to throw flowrites in the airbox for the 880/860

not enough air flowing through the stock intake system

not sure where im going with this.

is this not recommended with stock and BB applications? less restriction better response?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What else has GODwell done to his Hovercrafts? track i seen from our last passings of course.....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to throw flowrites in the airbox for the 880/860

not enough air flowing through the stock intake system

not sure where im going with this.

negative on the flowrites, bondi box. this is wat i got, has a 3.5" intake pipe and the box is larger. Feeds my 860 with no problems. My thoughts on the flowrites is how do you feel about taking in hot air in that are as well clutch dust has the potential to get in the system. Those are two negatives. bondi box with the combo stock/slp intake system, works for me.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
negative on the flowrites, bondi box. this is wat i got, has a 3.5" intake pipe and the box is larger. Feeds my 860 with no problems. My thoughts on the flowrites is how do you feel about taking in hot air in that are as well clutch dust has the potential to get in the system. Those are two negatives. bondi box with the combo stock/slp intake system, works for me.

so stock box dosen't work well.. Flowrites do, but not recommended, and a bondi box is the way to go.... so what if the flowrites were plumbed to lets say behind the windshield/ontop of the instrument cluster schroud to collect fresh uncontaminated air.....seems like this would work as a cheaper alternative for someone who is handy enough....???

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so stock box dosen't work well.. Flowrites do, but not recommended, and a bondi box is the way to go.... so what if the flowrites were plumbed to lets say behind the windshield/ontop of the instrument cluster schroud to collect fresh uncontaminated air.....seems like this would work as a cheaper alternative for someone who is handy enough....???

the stock air box does not have enough air volumn in it to support long pulls and cannot flow enough, even for stock engines i found, flow rites are a alternative. not saying you cant do flowrites, but for me i am running a pump gas 13.5 compression sled. i am already on edge probably for 92 octane. so i would want cold air coming in, however you want to plumb it. As for clutch dust.... guys say there is nothing comin in the flowrites but i find that hard to belive really...

the only down side to the bondi box is its trick to get off without removing the upper air box, BUT can be done.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont use the flowrites specifically i use the slp intake kit it mounts onto the plastics outside and connects with a gasket to the upper air box.

Top Bottom