800HO won't start hot?

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
I've got a little problem with my sled. She won't start hot! She's a '04 summit 800 with a 1300 kms. She ran great all day sunday, on and off all day. Started no problem. When we got down to the truck I shut her down and she wouldn't start. Dead.

Next morning she starts first pull. We head up and at about 10 km my friend blows a belt so we stop n' shut er down. 10 mins later and she won't start, no spark, nothing. Tow her down to the trailer, get on the backup and have a great day. Back to the truck at the end of the day and she starts first pull.

I don't get it? Anyone have any idea? Coil? Plug leads? Mpem? I don't quite know where to start.

Thanks

Chelle

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a little problem with my sled. She won't start hot! She's a '04 summit 800 with a 1300 kms. She ran great all day sunday, on and off all day. Started no problem. When we got down to the truck I shut her down and she wouldn't start. Dead.

Next morning she starts first pull. We head up and at about 10 km my friend blows a belt so we stop n' shut er down. 10 mins later and she won't start, no spark, nothing. Tow her down to the trailer, get on the backup and have a great day. Back to the truck at the end of the day and she starts first pull.

I don't get it? Anyone have any idea? Coil? Plug leads? Mpem? I don't quite know where to start.

Thanks

Chelle
PM Glengine,he will know..

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Chelle

how you make out i want to know what the problem is thats werid

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is the stator. My old dirt bike did the same thing, ran fine till it was good and hot..shut it off and i was walkin. get it back home, one kick and away i went till i fell off.....once again...pushin'er home.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
She's in the shop. I'll let ya know when I get the bill.

I tried the basic stuff with no luck. Now I'm letting the pro work on it.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
So I get Sugar back from the shop tomorrow, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

She was really sick. Crank seals at both ends and intake. New rings and she's good to go, well plus a mortgage payment later.

I'm glad that I stopped riding when I did cause it could have been a whole lot worse.

Cheers

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update chelle. I have the same year of sled.
Steve

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Well I was a little fooled because the engine bay was covered in oily reside. When I went to look for the cause I found two exaust bolts missing. I figured, wrongly that the oily mess was from the exaust but no. It came from the crank seals. My sled only has 1200 kms so keep an eye out.

Cheers

Michelle

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea mine has nothing like that runs like a top needs some clucth work done this week and has 4000+ km on it

Top Bottom