78 rd 400 yam

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one have one, i have two at the shop haven't rode for 15 yrs, been thinking of pulling the beast out, maybe once more. not many around anymore, last time i rode it had car guys pulling me over telling me that it was smoking:) not sure if my reactions are that good anymore, may sell

bailer

Reaction score
This is my '77. It needs some brake work and maybe rearsets, but is lots of fun.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 47

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice bike, i have a small collection of yam vintage bike, show me pics and post prices..

never know may be interested....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any one have one, i have two at the shop haven't rode for 15 yrs, been thinking of pulling the beast out, maybe once more. not many around anymore, last time i rode it had car guys pulling me over telling me that it was smoking:) not sure if my reactions are that good anymore, may sell

You're bad enough on a sled with two skis and a big wide track to keep you stable, I'd hate to see you on a bike with only two skinny rubber patches to keep you stuck to the pavement. Scary........;):p

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you now me well. put the old toy away long ago as stuff comes at a guy real fast. still not sure i want to get on the old iron as i can't see far enough down the road.

maybe that's why i fly off the trail into the trees lots. :beer::beer::beer:

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I've got an '80 RD400. I ride it in between other bikes. Wife only rode it once last year. All stock except different bars & some custom carbon fiber VF3 pedals to replace worn stockers. Rubber like new, new pads, & wheel brgs,original paint, a few small "character" scuffs/scratches from previous owner. Don't use it near enough. Anyone interested?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like to see it, post a few pics if your able.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Still great shape, gets ridden (24000km), although less & less each year...
Tires have less than 500km, make me an offer/Trades?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great find, looks like a great site. thanx

bailer

Reaction score
I had an RD 350 years ago. It was a great little bike. Thought it was fast. Well, until I got my RZ 500.

Do you still have the RZ? I was short of cash (in school) when the RG and RZ's were around, but I made regular trips to the dealerships just to drool.:d

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the RZ? I was short of cash (in school) when the RG and RZ's were around, but I made regular trips to the dealerships just to drool.:d

Yes I do. I also have a 72 Ossa Pioneer I bought in 1973. They sit beside a red framed CZ 380 Falta Replica. I've had that since 85. None of them are for sale.

Top Bottom