700 Grizz overheating

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody had issues with this? Antifreeze is full....rad is clean.....fan works, I'm thinking the thermostat is sticking.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Can you see through the rad ???? just having the outside clean is not enough you have to see right through it if not no air goes through and you overheat 99 outta 100 times this is what it is

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody had issues with this? Antifreeze is full....rad is clean.....fan works, I'm thinking the thermostat is sticking.
My 660 was like that, BAddddd. I haven't had that problem with the 700 but I do make sure I keep the rad clean and make sure clean all the way through.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx guys....rad looked clean and I had washed the h*ll out of it last fall but I guess I didn't get it all. So I took all the front plastic off and sprayed it out good.:d;): Should stay cool until I get into the deep stuff again :beer:

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride an 08 700 grizz and have no issues at all with over heating, keep the rad clean and should all be good to go. i know one other guy and he had to put a remote rad on. he tried everything too and that was the only thing that helped him.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
did you actually take the rad cap off and see iff there is fluid in the rad or just look at the over flow bottle? Not to sound like an a$$ or nothing

grizzly se

Reaction score
I carry a 1 gallon weed sprayer with me on the trails to wash out the rad after hitting the mud, it works quite well:beer::beer:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pack a little bilge pump for a boat..works ok for washing the rad out..just need to find water and lately thats getting scarce..its got a 6 foot hose with a little hole in the end so it sprays quite well:beer:

jurban

Reaction score
I have two Grizzly 08 700's and well they are normally good for a day or do in the deep stuff but we use a water fire extinguisher that the top comes off so you can fill it in the river and it has a air valve we use our 12v air compresser to get the pressure up on the fire extinguisher and it works great give great pressure and it was cheap because I just found a expired fire extinguisher that was going to be disgarded

700Dragon

Reaction score
so we have to bring something with us to keep from overheating in the mud????? totally not acceptable. What are these machines made for?? Dry pavement??? Mine overheats pulling another quad down the road..no rad airflow restriction. Is this normal? Sounds like they have some temp issues!!!

grizzly se

Reaction score
It dosen't mater what you ride, they all get mud and stuff in the rads. A water can is just another usefull tool to carry with you on the trails, or do you just gas and go?? and hope for the best.:confused:

700Dragon

Reaction score
so....we should be real careful if we go thru mud????( I undersatnd air flow restriction issues,,,,not the case) Hey dont get me wrong, Yammi is awsome. Take it as u will..been riding since 6 yrs old, motocross to U name it, this engine temp problem is real.
Who has used engine ice??? Does it actually work?

grizzly se

Reaction score
The second ride this year I had a terrible time with heating, but after really washing out the rad I haven't had a problem in 30 c tenps riding trails. My two cents , wash again:beer::beer:

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
My fathers 700 used to overheat all of the time he carrys a old windsheild washer tank and pump with a plug to plug intpo 12v on the quad, it works wicked, we also put a coolant additive in it i think it was mobul, or you can use engine ice, and we haven't had a problem since.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I put an aftermarket exhaust on and that alone helped my issues. gets the heat out the back faster. I'm also thinkin that a lot of plugged rad issues r coming from the back side causes by the tires throwing mud in there. I've over heated and the frontside was clean so i'm thinkin of designing some sort of sheild to fit inside the fender to perhaps alleviate that issue.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you actually take the rad cap off and see iff there is fluid in the rad or just look at the over flow bottle? Not to sound like an a$$ or nothing

I had the same issue last year and was a little dissapinted with my new Griz at first. I overheated my 700 so badly in the skeg (purely my fault) that I boiled the overflow tank right over without realizing it and ended up getting an air lock in the system after it cooled. The overflow tank stayed full, but the rad was bone empty causing the machine to overhead while just idling. ...now I take my rad cap off and have a peek before almost every ride. So far, that seems to fine but I aslo spent the rest of the summer riding where there were lots of streams and rivers. I guess I'll have to wait until spring to see for sure if that's all it was.

P.S. If you notice your rad lis low and your overflow is not, be sure to take the time to properly burp your machine.

Top Bottom