700 grizz cold starting problems

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when it gets colder down too about -5 its hard starting it i have to ride the starter for at least a min
i thought it was instant cold start? i was reading other fourms maybe it could be that yamalube

Clem

Reaction score
I was out riding about a month ago with a guy on a 700 Grizz. He had problems starting his bike. It was about -20

The 3 other Outlander 800s and the 1 660 Grizz had no problems.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya it turns over normal just have to ride the starter i changed the oil but it warming up wont know till next year haha

A

abmotorhand

the oil is to thick Yamaha uses a thick break in oil. You can go to a thinner oil after your breakin is done. You can use a 10w30 for cold weather -5

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a brand new quad? Mine didn't idle good until it had about 40 hrs on it, always wanting to stall. Now it purrs like a kitten.

M Brown

Reaction score
my 05 Kodiak 450 did the same thing for the first month or so but it got better after break in.

How do you like it otherwise? I almost bought the new Grizz but went with the BRP Outty 650.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use 0-40 AMSOIL Synthetic oil and it always starts good .. that is unless the choke cable is frozen dont get me started on that .. but you dont have one so it would be OK ;D

ronan

Reaction score
My 07 grizz will start at -20 with 5w30 oil. It does so a bit reluctantly though. I find I have to give it just a touch of throttle after it turns over a few times. Otherwise it starts like a charm every time . Beautiful machine!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
when it is running what is the idle rpm. i think it may be set a hair bit to low and it doesn't get enough fuel at start

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
0-40 AMSOIL Synthetic oil did it
started right up when we had that cold snap of -25 and below haha
thanks everyone

Top Bottom